Saturday, April 19, 2025

Day +38

 Day +38

April 18

WBC: 4.8 (up)

ANC: 3330 (up)

Hemoglobin: 7.9 (up)

Platelets: 8 (down)

As expected from yesterday's dose of GCSF, his WBC and ANC jumped way up.  Also expected, his platelets dropped low enough to need another platelet transfusion.  

I have been learning this week to do dressing changes, cap changes on his line (it's a Broviac, I have been calling it a Hickman catheter but actually it's a Broviac.  I think they are almost the same thing, just with slightly different diameter tubes.), line flushes and blood draws.  I needed to be signed off 3 times on each thing in order for him to be discharged, so this morning I did my final blood draw and line flush.  Now that Jeremy has arrived, he will spend the weekend completing his full training as well as we both need to be able to care for his Broviac while he is out of the hospital and to be able to draw blood once or twice a week for labs.  Monday we get all the supplies we need to be able to discharge to the Ronald McDonald house. 

Jeremy brought me to the airport mid morning so I could fly home for the weekend.  I was grateful for Heidi's airport pick up (thank you Heidi!) and car swapping  for the evening so that we could go to Hood river for Violet's Lacrosse game.  

This is their first really far away game, and of course the gas car is in Oakland, and our little Leaf is perfect for around town, but is not perfect for an hour and 15 minute drive up the mountain and back down again!  Thank goodness for friends willing to swap cars for an evening! Unfortunately the team lost, but it was a nice drive and Maddie came as well, so we enjoyed the scenery and nice weather and capped the night off with Little Big Burger when we got home! 

No comments: