I only ended up with a few photos on Thursday evening. This was my favorite:

He was with his grandma- a woman who looked young enough to be his mother!
Back to the theme of "life is lived in the streets"- this small table was in an open courtyard, I'm not sure where they got the electricity for the rice cooker from though...

Notice the women at the end of the street eating their dinner...

You see these delivery bikes out during the day. I guess this was "storage" in the evenings. It wasn't until I was looking at the photos on my computer that I saw the rat in the bottom left under the wheel of the cart...

Today was a VERY exciting day. I met up with some ALTS- Linda & her Husband Reuben, and their adorable daughter
Emme Lu! We met up after nap time & went to the Cow & Bridge for lunch...

And this is when I started to see for myself the MANY faces of Emme Lu!

Of course she was happiest when Mama AND Papa were both wrapped around her little finger at the *same* time....!

After lunch we went to the play room in the White swan. I'd seen other people's pictures, but have never actually seen IT in person...

There were about 5 or 6 other little ones in the playroom while we were there- all having a great time. It's fantastic because it's a big open carpeted space, so very easy for the kids to run and run and run. What amazed me most is how polite all of the kids were to each other. Giving other children their toys- no crying, I was really amazed!
Emme Lu loved spinning....Heidi calls this 'shooting star'- and we have made a pact not to start it with our girls, because they love it so much, but it just makes a Mama dizzy! Emme Lu had a great big smile each time Linda spun her around!

The amazing family of Emme Lu! She was reaching over to give Eyore a kiss!

6 comments:
How awesome that you got to meet Linda, Reuben and the incredible Emme Lu! It looks like you had such a wonderful afternoon. How cool to see *the* playroom!
Oh Happy Day! You lucky, lucky Alt you! Thanks so much for sharing the pics. They just make my heart smile so big!
(BTW, Kelli, you might like the book "Hidden Kitchens" - it is an NPR thing & all about kitchens that you might find in the strangest places).....
You definitely ARE lucky! Love those connections!
The Bee! Wow. How exciting.
The first shots I've seen of them all together! They certainly make a handsome family don't they? How fortunate you are that you got to spend time with them AND get that little sneak preview into "the playroom".
Love those pics.
Post a Comment