Time to update a few of the remodel pics. I hesitated posting these, only because the flooring guys are coming on Wednesday to put carpet in the baby room, and Marmoleum in the bathroom! Also, I have not settled 100% on a new color to paint the floor, so please pardon the blue floor with the blue walls. The blue floor worked out so well when the walls were all white!
Here is the NEW hallway. Here is a
link to an old post with a picture "before bathroom".
Here is what it looks like now:

And here is the HUGE shower. I took the door off the medicine cabinet to paint the base, still need to paint the door & put it back up.

The door to the baby room is nearly straight across the hall, here is the view into the baby room.

And
here is a link to an old post to see what the space looked like B.F.: Before Walls.
here it is now, quite a change! The little "peak" area in the corner is one of my favorite features of the room. My friend Scott who his helping (read:running the show) build this suggested we could straighten it out or hide it in some way, but I really just love it. I thought it might be just the perfect place to put a little growth chart.

I really love this little built in behind the door. We are going to put a little closet rod in it as well and the shelves are all removable, so I can hang some little girl dresses I have, although I have so many, they certainly won't all fit! You can see at least one of her two first teddy bears! One is from Uncle Scott (who I've promised gets to be "first uncle" based on the thousands of hours he has dedicated to making my house ready for her arrival!), and the other from cousin Molly, Aunt Heather and Uncle Brent. That one is hidden in this pic, but it's a Vermont Teddy Bear, I think it's called a "giving bear", when you buy one, they donate another teddy bear to a needy child. When they bought this one for
Sprout, there was a "special" where they were donating TWO teddy bears to needy children!

These great big windows let in a lot of beautiful morning sun! I will need to get safety devices for them though since we are on the 2nd floor!

And finally the last (I hope!) pics of the old railing! If you saw in any of the old pics, this railing was originally a U shape around the stairway. Far from child safe or appealing, it was destined to be replaced from the beginning. However, it was not high on the priority list! The cabinet replaced what was previously just empty space, so we need to make the doors for the cabinet, then we'll start on the stairway. You can see my fancy new newel post by the side of the cabinet! We took a(nother) trip to McCoy yesterday and I donated a little more cash to their cause...in exchange they gave me a few pieced of wood & a receipt with a big number on it. I really do look forward to the day that a large amount of my monthly expenditures do not go to McCoy, as much as I like the people there and enjoy playing with the kitty who lives at the store, I could sure do with spending a little less! Nonetheless, it is a beautiful newel post, isn't it?
17 comments:
Amazing transformation! You are really coming along, Kelli.
I can't wait to see the finished work.
Oh, did I tell you my feelings will be hurt if you don't send me a small commemorative piece of the 'railing from hell' so I can always remember my LID mate??? ;0)
how cool----we're doing the same thing with our house and yours looks a lot like mine--same baseboards and door frames etc. I don't have any nooks downstairs but if we ever open the top floor--it's full of them. I'll have to copy you and put some photo's too. My dining room is a wild color and I have a lot of blue and yellow as well. Your bathroom is waaaaay better than mine.
I love these pictures.
D--formerly known as Dorothy
Looking good!
Wow, Kelli!! You sure have a beautiful, happy space. Perfect for you...
Wow, looks like a lot of work has been done. I love the colours!!!
You better get going!! =o)
xxx,
P
Oh Don't worry...I Still have quite a wait until baby time! Hopefully baby girl will be home by the time you & simon come to visit next Christmas!!!
WOW! Keeli you must be so proud! I just adore the remodling...how spacious your home is! I just LOVE the babies room best. I also love the color! Congrats on all the hard work.:)
***I am super sorry about your squares, I have to mail it tomorrow because I just realized I left the envelope on my office desk!:( ooops***
WOW! Kelli! You have done such an amazing job! It looks fantastic!
Very nice and homey!
Oh Wow! I love the hallway color!!!
Wow, what a good job you have done. I absolutely love your nursery-and it doesn't even have all the cute stuff in it yet. Can't wait to see that room in all its glory! Thanks for sharing
I love the color of sprout's room, Ana had a similar yellow in Pearl and it was just happy. You can't do anything but smile in a room the color of sunshine...
love it kelli! i'll bring my twosome over to check it out sometime!
chris
It looks amazing! You must be so proud!
KY
I love the shape of that room.
GOR GE OUS! Be very, very proud of what you've accomplished. And what a way to start your baby book, as in "Getting ready for you, sweet child..." Bravo! Thanks for the pics.
Post a Comment