I've been Tagged by New Girl!

Here are the "rules":
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Turn to page 123.
3. Write down lines 6-8.
4. Tag 3 people.
The nearest book was on my bookshelf...surrounded by a whole lot of other books...so after looking & trying to decide which one was best, I just closed my eyes and reached out & grabbed one. Ha Jin is an author I found a few years ago who is published in the US but not in China. I heard him do a reading at Powells about 2 or 3 years ago now, and I really love his writing!
page 123:
"Good Morning Secretary Liu Shu," Bin shouted from
a distance of fifty yards, waving as though they had been
old friends. He did this for Song, to identify Liu for him;
wow what a teaser, huh?
I highly reccomend it....!
Now who to tag? I don't know who has done this, but how about my possible ALT travel buddies: C1 & C2? And one more- Sharon!

5 comments:
I appreciate the tag, sweetie, but I did this one yesterday. BTW, Powell's was one of the highlights of our night in Portland. That, the Pearl District, the free downtown transportation, and breakfast at the Kenndey School (the space more than the food).
Is this one good? I loved Waiting, but couldn't really get into The Crazed.
I also appreciate the tag, but I was tagged by C1 from above and just finished writing it up! Sorry!
As an aside, my mother lived in Portland for many years and I used to love going up there to visit. I am also enamoured with Powells. They just don't have bookstores like that where we live. I love Portland, and would definitely live there given a chance.
Havent read it but might need to.
sounds good!
Post a Comment