It was purely plausible,Kitty food in piles so meaningful,
I tried to deny it,
to pretend the signs were not there,
But finally there it was,
the mouse, Cause I saw it!
When I spotted the mouse,
I begged "leave my poor house!"
But he didn't obey,
So I ran away,
to the store in a fury,
to purchase traps in a hurry!
After 1 day of baiting,
and checking and waiting,
I saw nothing at all,
not that mousey so small.
After 2 days of baiting,
And checking and waiting,
The winner was clear,
Not the mouse, that poor dear...
He tried to resist,
But peanut butter-can't be missed,
It was gooey and rich,
But it came with a "hitch"
Now I'm back to my kitchen,
Where the mouse was not bitten,
Least not by the cat,
Oh That trap made such a SPLAT!
Cause he didn't chase it to kill it,
He ran and hid until I did it!
And that is the story of the Mouse In my House, and the Cat who hid.

10 comments:
That is funny! Wussy cat is an understatement.
Of the three felines around here the only one who would take to a mouse with absolute glee if given the opportunity is Jazz...the prissy looking, white, long-hair. She has some bloodlust in her!
Years ago in grad. school, before the dogs, we had a couple of cats and a couple of rats. They were best friends...
Eww.
Poor little mouse. :(
Sad little cat.
Good thing it wasn't a big, fat rat!
we had a mouse in our old house
we set a trap and the mouse went splat
but...... Dh as he toted the trap/mouse away failed to notice she was dropping fetus mice along the way.
Next morning, having my coffee, I looked down and saw wormy looking things and upon closer look I realized what it was. Blood curdling screams came out of me!
we'll never kill a mouse again
I wish our kitties would chase mice OUT of the house instead of bringing them IN. They just don't get it...
But your story was properly epic. Thanks for the poetic drama.
how wonderful! lol
DELIGHTFUL POST! You are so clever, and cute to boot!
Nasty mouse guts!
Great poem - v.v. clever!
Can I end every statement with an explanation point? Yes!
You are such a great poet!!! LOve it!!! I have a mouse in my house (again)... I'm not sure I can do the trap.... and I know Mesa will be quivering in the corner.... I'm buying D CON!!
Lisa
Post a Comment