Well it's been quite some time since I posted remodel pics. About a week ago we finished getting the sheetrock up on the bathroom walls & the cabinet next to the stairs on the 2nd floor. The thought of another 2 months (I think that's about how long it took us to mud the baby room walls) of dust, drywall mud, drywall dust, the umm....fun...of sanding drywall...was a little too much to bear. It's probably more appropriate to say that I was unsure of whether it was too much to bear or not. I was thinking "I SO do not want to do that" at the same time I was thinking "HOW MUCH would it be to have someone else do that?" So I called my AMAZING drywallers....and they came by Friday to give me a bid. I didn't know exactly what my cutoff was, but I had a range in mind, and if it was too much over that range, then my friend Scott & I would be doing it ourselves. Did I mention these guys are AMAZING? They re-drywalled 2 ceilings for me- my kitchen & Living room, and did the most unbelieveable, perfect, ummm....PERFECT job. Smooth ceilings too- no texture! This is a husband and wife couple and seriously, they are masters at their job. So- they came and said, yeah, no problem. And gave me a GREAT price. So...I said YES. Go for it! So then, they said, "actually our schedule is pretty wacky right now, we could do this Monday & Wednesday next week if you're ready?" Um...YES. Amazing drywallers, GREAT price, and Timely??? If I ever leave Oregon (which I don't intend to do) I would seriously fly these guys into whereever I was living to have them do my drywall. They are that amazing! And sweet, and a family business, and did I mention timely and good price? The advantage of their low prices is that now it makes me want to do more. After seeing my friend Chris's basement that she had finished into a playroom for her girls, I have been having visions of a finished basement. Those visions generally include drywall....and....Jim & Hilda. My drywall heros.
Okay- enough preamble...I know you're waiting to see the pics!!!
First- the oldest one I can find showing where the bathroom is now (before bathroom)

And now the updates:
Hmm....looks like no updates in this one. Blogger is having issues with me posting any pic besides the original. please hold. I'll get back to you with more pics.
3 comments:
Oh - You're teasing us!
Hey, I wish I had that couple around here. I've been taken over the drywall coals but no longer even care if it gives me my house back.
I am truly amazed at the home projects you have taken on. This little unexpected 'remodel' of mine has nearly made me lose my mind ;0) I think I am better suited to paint and decor...not the actual construction stuff.
Darn! Need updates!! Go Jim & Hilda - great to have such awesome contacts!! Good contractors are worth their weight in gold.
You temptress!!! I love seeing before and after pics of remodels!!! Get posting then when blogger gets up and running!!! BAB BAD BLOGGER!!! I need Jim and Hilda too!!!
Lisa
Post a Comment