These are the 5 celestials (immortals) and their goats.
A quiet space, leading to an even quieter space. It reminded me of the chinese garden in Portland- only for the reason that once you get inside the walls, the sounds of the world kind of "die away" and you really don't hear anything. That's what I felt when I walked in this place. Outside in Guangzhou the city is loud and alive and moving and exciting- inside it is calm and tranquil and quiet. You can hear the wind through the leaves.
At the 6 Banyan Tree Temple- there were people everywhere. I had to wait for a moment without people for this pic.
The door to the monks quarters- one of the monks had left his shoes out drying.
You can always tell when you are coming up on a temple because everything in the surrounding shops turns up in shades of gold. This is in the temple of course, but that overwhelming amount of gold is echoed in the shops outside on the street as well.

4 comments:
I found your site via Connie's! I hope you have a super time in China, how wonderful. thanks for sharing it!
Love the pics! I am living vicariously through you :0)
Hope you are feeling better now!
Glad you made it safe and sound, and hope that you're not sick as a dog the whole trip. Love the pics. Thanks for sharing!
Lee-Anne
Awesome pics, girl. Keep em' coming, please....
I sure hope that you are feeling a wee bit better even though you're still downing the Nyquil.
Post a Comment