Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Shaolin Monks at the Chinatown Streetfair

These are the photos I promised last week- The Shaolin Monks. They are buddhist monks from Henan Province. They practice a special form of martial arts which is a bit more like dance than what I think of as fighting, but it's just amazing to watch. The youngest among them in this group is 13, and he spent the last month in Portland at the International School in the Chinese Immersion program. a friend of a friend's daughter is in the international school and has turned into the biggest Shaolin Monk Groupie! It's adorable because she's 8...and I think if there is *any* group to become a groupie for...the Shaolin monks are it. Besides being fit and incredibly talented, there were quite a few cute ones! Take a look at the pics...these guys are absolutely amazing (I'm onto talent now...)- the pictures really speak for themselves...


4 comments:

OziMum said...

Great photos! Those guys are amazing!

C's Mom said...

Thanks for those awesome pics. Oh, to be in that kind of great shape. Woohoo :0)

walternatives said...

Great photos and such a striking orange.

Linda Dove said...

Amazing mid-flight photos!