Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Big fat lips

So tonight started out as a night out for my friend who helps me with my house remodel projects- Monday was his birthday & I was planning to take him to dinner & a movie (little Miss Sunshine...). So we drove down to Moreland to the Moreland theater, and found a parking spot. As we walked down the sidewalk, a couple on bikes came up behind us on the sidewalk. We stopped and stepped to the side so that they could get by, but they said no no, go ahead. So we walked along the side of the sidewalk to give them room...moments later, as I was gazing longingly across the street at a very nice children's clothing store, My friend Scott says "Watch out!". I whip my head around just in time for it to meet the metal sign pole that was directly in front of me. Yup...I split my lip open. We went to Starbucks & got ice to go...

So, instead of dinner & a movie e it turned into a fun filled trip to the emergency room. The dr who came in had just come from 2 years of plastic surgery, and told me it was possibly deep enough for 1 stitch, but he thought it better not to. So....given the two options of 2 shots of novicane & a stitch, or just a stitch & no novicane...I thought it best to take the good dr's advice & skip the stitch. But...I do have a fat lip. Not sure you can see so well, but here are the pics:


Yeah, I know. not too lovely. Not too fun either! We were saying on the way to the hospital that it TOTALLY sounded like an 'abused wife' story- I ran into a post... sure, sure you did! At the hospital don't you know it, they said "is anyone abusing you at home?" I said no, but the cat certainly thinks I'm neglecting him... First it was embarasing enough to run into a post on a busy street, then to have to tell them at the ER again and again, no REALLY, I DID run into a post!!! The good Dr. said it would heal without a scar within 6 months...and sooner or later the swelling will go down. Fortunately I took the day off work tomorrow, so I can hang out at home & relax...although I'll probably keep busy... I still have a whole lot of apples to make into applesauce & Applebutter...

7 comments:

C's Mom said...

Yow! That window shopping CAN be dangerous. I'm glad it wasn't more serious and you'll be good as new in no time.

I know I would be raising my eyebrow at the 'ran into a post' story. Unfortunately I usually come to find out the 'post' does have a name.

Nice to know that sometimes a post IS just a post :0)

walternatives said...

Ouch! Enjoy your day off.

Kelli said...

Oh yeah...I think the post did have a name. it was "parking 1 hour" *grin*

Joannah said...

I would totally do something like that! I'm such a clutz.

I hope you heal quickly. In the meantime, I think you're resembling Angelina Jolie! ;-)

OziMum said...

Ouch! That's like the double whammy, hey?! Embarssment Plus the added bonus of pain!

Anonymous said...

It's not so bad - kind of a sexy look, without the collagen injections!
Shall we call you Angie?

Special K said...

Did the doc really say it'd heal in 6 MONTHS? What a bummer!