Saturday, March 14, 2009

Wednesday was our medical exam. I can't remember if I'm doing these in order, but the fact that I am posting at all is a little bit of a miracle right now since my fantastic sleeping girl has decided that life is WAAAY to interesting to go to sleep, so we hare having some nap and bed time challenges!!!
We had Maddie's physical on Wednesday, I love these two photos- I'm pretty sure these are the same exact looks I'm going to get when she's 15 and I'm telling her that no, her curfew really IS 10:30 pm (or whatever) and no she CANNOT stay out until 1 am just becuase her friends do....
On Thursday (I think?) we went to the zoo- Pearl loved the pandas, but this was my favorite panda pic! (the live one was cute, but this one was so much more fun!)
And of course Pearl had to have a picture withe Guangzhou's mushrooms! I think Mushroom may have been left in the room that day, otherwise I'm certain it would have made an appearance in this pic!
There was a very cool aquarium section of the zoo which cost 5 yuan extra. I had been there before so I said yes of course we should get tickets for it. Everyone loved it- Maddie loved the slide in the goldfish park! I think this might be her first time on a slide!It was a warm day in the zoo, so we decided to get ice cream. They had this really wonderful ice cream that I have only found in Guangzhou- it's vanilla ice cream around the outside, red bean ice cream inside, but the top is this custard like stuff, so there are "two layers" really. It sounds funny to describe, but it's fantastic. Madeline thought I was enjoying it too much to not have a little tast herself.
Did I mention my girl has quite a will? 1 guess as to who won this little battle of wills??? I just had to hide the secret little ice cream licks from the Chinese Grandmas. Babies in China are not supposed to have cold things!!! Oh bad news if you get in trouble with the Chinese grandmas!
Off to some sleep. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little more mellow in the afternoon (NO evening plans!!!) and we can have an actual bed time at bedtime, as opposed to Mommy walking up and down the hall with Maddie in the carrier to get her to fall asleep!

6 comments:

chris said...

oh kelli-
i remember the walking up and down the halls well! several nights it was close to 11 pm or midnight when willful hazel fell asleep!
here's to some quality sleep and an early hour for it to happen! chris

frogglet said...

What a precious little one you have! I hope the sleeping issues resolve soon.

Doreen said...

Can she get any cuter?

Doreen in Montreal single mom to Faith-Jiangxi & Mia-Sichuan

Paulette said...

Ahhh sounds like way too much fun is being had by all. Annalise had to be walked up and down the halls of the WS to fall asleep too.

Michele said...

Hse is beyond adorable. I can't get enough of that sweet little face. And her strong willed personality sounds just like my little guy.

NancyW said...

Those med exam photos are priceless! I can see you will have your hands ful...of joy :)

Why should she sleep and miss out on a moment of mommy fun?

Nancy
mom to a 7 year old Gaozhou girl and a 5 year old Suixi girl