Monday, March 02, 2009

In less than 12 hours...

I'll be waking up and getting ready to leave for the airport. The jitters today have come and gone. It's that nervous excited feeling- knowing something really amazing and wonderful is going to happen and the excitement bounces all around inside you! This is no "just going to China" kind of trip, this is the trip that is changing my life forever. Earlier this year when I finished an older journal and started a new one, my first entry was "this is the journal where I will meet my daughter..." Well, this is "the trip to China" where I will meet my daughter. The extra stamp in my passport. The oh so long flight with plenty of movies to watch. The two weeks in Guangzhou. All of theses things I've done countless times, but never before have they had so much meaning. I was reading another Feb 24 family's blog a few days ago and got all teary eyed at the photo they had posted of the TV on the plane showing the distance from origin and distance to destination! Such a mundane thing, but on this trip, all of those mundane things will be so different! They will lose their "average" quality and take on special meaning. 1879 miles to my daughter. 3 hours and 5 minutes until I'm in the same country as my daughter. Before it was always "3 more hours, that's one more movie..." But not this flight.

This flight is the one that is going to change my life forever. And I cannot wait.

9 comments:

Red Sand said...

Safe travels and excited wishes for a wonderful first meeting (picture me jumping up and down and clapping my hands).

Rhonda said...

Have a safe flight! Can't wait to see your daughter in your arms. :)

walternatives said...

The day is HERE! Warm wishes for smooth sailing all the way through, sweetie. I am so happy for you.

AmyG said...

Are you blogging from the plane? You're awesome!

wzgirl said...

Oh gosh. All the best to you, Kelli. Now go get that girl! xoxoxo

FDChief said...

You're on your way - good luck, and love from all of us to you and little Madeline.

frogglet said...

Travel safely! Enjoy every minute of this once in a lifetime experiance!

Renea said...

YEA! YEA! YEA! Can't wait until you guys are finally home. What an amazing time for you. This is going to be the best trip of your life~ Good luck and I'll be thinking of you

park it said...

Have a wonderful time!!! Can't wait to follow along!