Sunday, April 30, 2006

Wait time is ever increasing!

So the last post mentioned the slowdown of referrals... there were theories about how many referrals would come in the next batch...would it be May 31 only? (many people prophesized that it would be, as there was a record number of dossiers logged in last May 31.) Luckily, they were wrong! But unfortunately, it was again only a week's worth of dossiers. Referrals for May were May 31-June 5. Short set again!! Of course this brings forth lots of theories: The wait time will lengthen to 2 years....the CCAA is sending fewer referrals because they are trying to make sure the Hunan trials are off the radar & are trying to keep a low profile, Education programs in the country are working & fewer baby girls are being abandoned, Domestic adoption in China is increasing, they've slowed down due to their office move... who knows which, if any, of these are true. The director of my agency suggested China may choose to open more orphanages to international adoption-but that with the required prepration to do so, it probably would not happen before December. Who knows what is right and what is story....guess I'll be practicing patience for at least the next 9-10 months!

Now, whatever you do, don't read Sharon's blog where she sat with her calculator & figured out we won't be getting our referrals until fall of 2009....Here I was yesterday in the car with my hands to my ears "LA LA LA LA LA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!" We will find ways to stay positive about this!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelli - I am right there with you having a 2-24-06 LID. I simply cannot believe there will be an exponential increase in the wait. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the approximately 12 month thing. I promised myself I would not freak out until it went over 14 months. LALALALALALA! Connie

OziMum said...

I reckon there's alot of us "Lalalalala"ing along with you!!! I'm certainly in my own La-la land of the belief I'll have a referral by Christmas!!! My LID is 2/22/06....

Anonymous said...

What a great site Refinance an existing potpourri for humidifier Jeep wrangler tj accessories Moen puretouch lavatory faucet