Here is the Hong Kong Bay- taken from the Kowloon side:


And one of my favorite sites in Hong Kong, the Star Ferry (Okay it's the star ferry sign, unfortunately unless it's super clear and the sky is blue and those of you who know Hong Kong know that NEVER HAPPENS- then it's tough to get an actual nice photo of the star ferry, so you'll have to settle for the sign...)

(oh, incidentally, it says "Wanchai" not "Wanch")
And, last one, another favorite site in Hong Kong, the Clock tower. I don't really know the whole story of this, but I think it's around 100 years old, and believe it was an original clock tower for a train station. It's closed to the public now, although when I spent the 3 months in China about 5 years ago, they opened it for at least a few months to see if it could handle the foot traffic. Dewi & I went to Hong Kong one weekend during the training program to celebrate her birthday (and to leave Dong Guan!!!) but SO many people had waited to long to see it, you had to get tickets a few days in advance...so we were never able to go inside. There is no more train station but the clock tower remains, it's really quite pretty but now unfortunately kind of sandwiched between a few things so a bit difficult to get too good of a shot of it.

I also went to the Jade market this morning & did some serious bargaining (yes in Chinese!) with a few vendors there...I was definitely holding my own! Came out with some new treasures and the realization that after 3 years, my chinese is becoming "passable". YAY!

1 comment:
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »
Post a Comment