Sunday, April 09, 2006

Babies On Shamien Island!!

Okay! I did it! I was finally able to snap a photo of a new Mommy & baby on Shamien Island at the White Swan! I was able to stop and chat with a new Mama named Mindy who (with her Husband) just picked up their new daughter Audrey! They were from Missouri and also incredibly sweet- they were logged in May 24...Theoretically I could guess that means I'd be traveling in early January 2007, but with the slowdowns in referrals we all know that's quite unlikely. With the current speed of referrals, I'll be lucky if I have my referral by January 2007...but I'm still keeping hopeful for Christmas...
Here is Mindy with the beautiful (and certainly Talented) Audrey at a wonderful 10 months old (!!!):

I also was able to catch up with Susan who was there picking up her daughter Xinru! What a beautiful little girl with such amazing energy and vitality!! She just turned 2 this last week & she has a smile and a personality that can knock anybodies socks off! I know I was a fan from the first moment I saw her! Susan is also an abundant source of energy and was just a wonderful sweet woman! I'm so thankful for her allowing me to come & visit them during their busy time here in Gaungzhou!! I took several photos, but she asked I not post any to the internet, so before I do I'll have to ask her if it's okay. I can tell you thought that Xinru was probably the most exuberant and sweet little girl I've seen the entire time I've been here in China! With an amazing laugh and this incredibly adorable walk- she puts her hands behind her back and kind of 'swings' back and forth from foot to foot almost like a pendulum as she moves forward- It's how many of the older people in China walk around, so someone within her foster family must have walked this way. It's just about the sweetest thing- because she handed Susan the things she was holding before walking, just so she could put her hands behind her back (properly!) and walk! Susan and Xinru are just one more "sign" that seems to be pointing me in the direction of looking at the Waiting Child route. Since last May in China was full of what I felt were "signs" that I should pursue adoption, I suppose I should pay attention and follow their advice when I see them again this year! Ah I guess we'll wait and see what the Fortune Teller in Taiwan has to say! Perhaps he'll have additional words of wisdom this year!

I also took a few photos (although far less exciting) in Fuzhou yesterday- a few of women doing Tai chi, and some kids in the park flying kites... all very sweet! Makes the now super long wait just a bit harder to think about...

4 comments:

SharonVS21 said...

Kelli!!! I love your pictures from China and your updates!

OziMum said...

Wow, Kelli! Awesome photos! just love seeing the new parents with their bubs! Like you, I'm hoping to have some news before Christmas! Sounds like you and me are the only ones that think so, though!!!
Take care, fellow DTC Feb'r
Lee-anne (Australia)
LID 2/22/06

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » »

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Shakira dancing bally dance Peugeot 206 ersatzteile 2003 act medicare modernization Gaming stock indexes rosacea product Refrigerator ge tfx 25zp mobile phone tools http://www.assfucking5.info Web site design brandon