Monday, April 03, 2006

Guangzhou Zoo & Shamien Island

Well I made it! Not only did I make it, but I "made it" over to Shamien Island to ruthlessly spy on all the new babies and they are right! There really are babies there!! Babies and Mommies, Babies and Daddies, babies babies babies! However bold I was about stalking families though, I was not bold enough to go right up to them and take pictures. So this is the one and only picture I have...see the blurry green shirt in a distance? That's a new Mamma. See the blurry grey shirt behind her? That's a 2nd time around Daddy (first time China Daddy). These were the French people I spoke with briefly. I didn't get a picture of the super sweet family from Georgia with their 2nd daughter from China (but 7th child!!) but they were SO sweet! They had their oldest daughter with them who was 25- and their youngest two- both from China- Grace & Jamie. I talked with the whole family quite a while and they were wonderful! Everyone out there in never never land waiting for the Stork from China...they assured me that he does eventually come!!! After checking out Shamien Island & doing some walking around, I can see why families want to stay here. Originally it was because the American Embassy was there- so it was super convenient. However, I think the Embassy has moved now, so there is not a locational advantage to staying there. However, it's quite quiet even outside the hotel, there are LOTS of shops for buying everything you can possibly need for your baby (including some incredibly cute little dresses!!!), and most importantly (as the sign says)- they offer "UNIQUE SQUEAKY SHOES" !!!


This is the picture every adoptive family has in their photo albums, the famous waterfall in the White Swan Hotel:


So I should also clear myself by saying I did not go directly from Breakfast to the White Swan Hotel (although trust me, it was all I could do not to!)- I went to the Guangzhou Zoo in the morning. It was a very interesting place. Some good things, some...well...okay it was kinda weird that there was a cage with a dalmation and a monkey in it. I didn't really get it. But the water show with the dolphins and seals was fun, and the fish area was very very cool. here was one of my favorites:


I think he needs a name- any suggestions?

Another sight at the zoo- twin boys. I saw twin boys twice. Nope, not the same twins, multiple twins. no twin girls (that I knew of), but I may possibly have seen twins tonight as well while walking around- this time one boy and one girl. Or maybe just similar ages, but it appeared to be possibly one family.

I have a few more photos, but I seem to be at my max for this one. Will add them into another posting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Mature escorts in south west uk Accutane attorneys greenville Max mara coat

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »