Monday, April 03, 2006

Guanghzou & the Zoo

So there are two last photos that I took in the last few days that I love. First is from the zoo- in the spirit of "kate -n- james 4 ever" or other such graffiti, check out the Bamboo:

Here's a little close up- it's "Wo ai ni" or "I love you." Bamboo has got to be a whole lot easier to carve into than stones & trees. this reminds me of seeing 500 year old graffiti on ancient aqueducts in France...only this is probably less than a year old...

And last but not least for photos today- I saw these little girls while I was taking photos in the market. They were so curious about me & my camera, so I had the opportunity to take photos of them. They look very sad, but they were giggling right up until the time they posed for the photo, and again immediately afterwards. I think this is just how they've been 'taught' to pose for photos, because their sweet and cheerful demeanor did not at all reflect the seriousness you see in the photo: