Saturday, April 22, 2006
Referral wait time lengthening
Well it looks like all hope of an October referral is gone...every month the China Center for Adoption Affairs (CCAA) receives Dossiers, and Every month they send out referrals. In theory, every month they get up to 31 days worth of Dossiers (or Log in a full months worth of Dossiers). In order for the wait time to stay stable, this means every month they must also send out a full month worth of Referrals. Back in February, when they sent February's referrals, they sent only 2 weeks worth of Referrals, I believe at that time it was May 10-May 25, or perhaps only May 15-May 25 (2005). Which means, theoretically the March batch of referrals should have been any Dossiers which were logged in from May 25 2005 - June 25 2005. What actually happened is the CCAA sent only 5 days worth of Referrals. This means, Families which were logged in between May 25-May 30 2005 received their referrals in late March. With so few referrals coming, this means those of us in the "line" (who have already been logged in) face an ever increasing wait. I've been optimistic to receive a referral before the end of the year until recently, but at this point I'm hoping for a December Referral, but knowing it may be January or February. My new "goal" is to get my referral before my 34th birthday. My dossier went to China just before my 33rd birthday, so it seems "realistic' (I hope!) to expect a referral within one year. It's also possible that China will speed up again, so all hope is not lost. It's just not looking so good right now!! Guess that means more time to prepare, finish the house, perhaps take a fun vacation somewhere this year...and get ready for a big 2007! In the meantime, I know enough other people with 2005 LID's and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for them to get their referrals sooner rather than later!!! There is a big rumor out there that there were a HUGE number of May 31 LID's, and there is the possiblity that the referrals which should be coming next week will cover ONE DAY. I am trying to be more optimistic...although in reality, this month the CCAA moved into their new building, so it's possible for it to be a small month. It's also possible that they can be MORE ORGANIZED next month & have a full month of referrals! One never knows!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment