After about a week of prepping Madeline for my Asia trip, today was the big test. She woke up about 3 am and wanted to come into our bed- this time I didn't even try to protest I just picked her up and cuddled her tight and brought her to bed with us. She was hungry so she snacked on Joes O's while Jeremy and I went back to sleep. I drifted in and out, but as is normal on the night before a big trip with an early morning wakeup, I was up quite a bit checking the clock, for fear of oversleeping the alarm!
We woke up (on time...) and got ready- waiting until we were just about finished to get Maddie up. She rallied and we were off to the airport! We talked about how Baba was going to drop her off at daycare and how fun that would be, and pick her up after school too. She said "I want Baba take me to school!!"
At the airport, as Jeremy was taking my luggage out of the trunk and I was taking her our of her carseat, she said, "I'm really going to miss you a lot Mama." I said, yes sweetie- I'm sure going to miss you a lot too! I carried the whole way into the airport, we checked me in, and we did lots of hugs and kisses (11- give or take- one for each night I won't be home to give her a good night hug and kiss) and we waved as I went into security & they walked away- and blew kisses. And I was the only one with tears rolling down my cheeks! I was trying very hard to not let her see, and I think I was successfull, but that just meant I was a dripping mess for the security guy once she was out of sight. I imagine they're used to that....
Jeremy called a bit later after dropping her off and I said "really? it was as easy as that? No tears?" and he said that daycare dropoff was "Eerily easy". I'm betting there will be a crash tonight- but to ease the first night (and since I'll be on a plane still and unable to call them at bedtime) they were going to go out for fried rice- Maddie's favorite.
It won't be an easy two weeks for any of the 3 of us, but they will have plenty of fun too, and so will I. I always look forward to any opportunity to spend time in China or Taiwan, even when my heart is still in Portland!
I'll be posting via email while I travel, so I'm not sure how picture formats will look- but until blogger is no longer blocked in China, this is my only option!
We woke up (on time...) and got ready- waiting until we were just about finished to get Maddie up. She rallied and we were off to the airport! We talked about how Baba was going to drop her off at daycare and how fun that would be, and pick her up after school too. She said "I want Baba take me to school!!"
At the airport, as Jeremy was taking my luggage out of the trunk and I was taking her our of her carseat, she said, "I'm really going to miss you a lot Mama." I said, yes sweetie- I'm sure going to miss you a lot too! I carried the whole way into the airport, we checked me in, and we did lots of hugs and kisses (11- give or take- one for each night I won't be home to give her a good night hug and kiss) and we waved as I went into security & they walked away- and blew kisses. And I was the only one with tears rolling down my cheeks! I was trying very hard to not let her see, and I think I was successfull, but that just meant I was a dripping mess for the security guy once she was out of sight. I imagine they're used to that....
Jeremy called a bit later after dropping her off and I said "really? it was as easy as that? No tears?" and he said that daycare dropoff was "Eerily easy". I'm betting there will be a crash tonight- but to ease the first night (and since I'll be on a plane still and unable to call them at bedtime) they were going to go out for fried rice- Maddie's favorite.
It won't be an easy two weeks for any of the 3 of us, but they will have plenty of fun too, and so will I. I always look forward to any opportunity to spend time in China or Taiwan, even when my heart is still in Portland!
I'll be posting via email while I travel, so I'm not sure how picture formats will look- but until blogger is no longer blocked in China, this is my only option!

2 comments:
Have a wonderful trip Kelly!
Hope you have an uneventful journey and a wonderful time.
Ruby
Post a Comment