Friday, May 06, 2011

The Taiwan Airport Welcomes YOU

After a missed connection in Hong Kong, I was transferred to another flight to get to Taipei.  Fortunately the new flight was only an hour later, so I didn't have a long layover.  However, I didn't have the telephone number of the car company who was to pick me up in Taiwan, because I had put it in my checked luggage!  So I could not let them know I was on another flight.
Truly not a big deal, I just called them when I arrived and let them know I was there.  While I waited for them to come over to Termnial II, I had a few minutes to take photos of these cuties in the airport welcoming me to Taiwan.
I adored them! There were a few others, but these guys are the higlights. I especially love the black billed spoonbill- or maybe it's the black faced spoon bill...I forget.  He must be a resident here in Taiwan though because his picture (in a less animated version) appears everywhere- I even saw it on a train on Thursday! 
There is a little something about these guys that borders on 'slightly frigtening' at the same time completely adorable.  I took a close up of the blue guy's eye only, but I was afraid to put it on the blog lest it scare some small children....  but standing in the airport surrounded by these guys, you just couldn't help but smile!  They were definitely a happy little bunch!

2 comments:

China Dreams said...

That is some greeting collection-I love them!

Ruby

Gaia In The Green Mountains said...

What fun! I love the colors.