Friday, May 06, 2011

I have a crush on a machine



Since I'm posting to blogger from email while I travel, I can't put photos in the text of my email, so they all end up at the bottom. To make things easier, I'll just to multiple small blog posts so the photos don't get too mixed up.

The Hong Kong airport is one of my favorite airports in the world- it's big, it's clean, and their book selection is phenomenal. I've bought some of my favorite books ever there. However, this little ode is to the San Francisco airport. Or more specifically, the bathroom in the international terminal at the San Francisco airport.

Have you all seen these sweet little hand dryers before? The Air Blade? I ADORE them. I get seriously GIDDY when I see them in bathrooms- and I almost cannot wait until it's time to wash my hands and use the airblade. I will use them over paper towels in an instant- and I will love every minute of it! Normally hand dryers do a terrible job- the air is not very strong, you use them 2 times even and you still end up wiping your hands on your pants to dry them. They are absolutely pointless. But these little sweeties- the Air Blade- "this aint your Mama's hand dryer...." They are fast, they are powerful- it's almost like a squeegie for your hands. I truly do not understand why these have not replaced every hand dryer in America yet. When I can use one of these in every public bathroom I go in, I will be a happy girl. Thank you Dyson! And thank you, San Francisco Airport!

2 comments:

China Dreams said...

I'm a paper towel person myself.

Ruby

C said...

K, I adore these too! In Orlando we have these puppies at all the big spots. I don't know HOW I made it without them!!