Sunday, November 19, 2006

The long Airport Check-in

I'm home!
It's True!
HOME HOME HOME!
Yay! After the 2 bag checkers n Guanghzou checked absolutely every crevice/bag/fold/s hirt/pair of underwear/shoe/container in my 2 big bags (and took 30 minutes and they ignored around 40 other people to do so), they finally let me through & off I flew! I have now discovered that the theory to airline security in China is if they spend MORE time on one passenger, they have fewer bags to open. And therefore fewer bags to re-pack & close. It's far more important to be 100% certain that ONE passenger is not carrying anything bad than to ensure that MOST passengers are not carrying anything bad. I have to say that at 6:15 in the morning I was a tad bit grumpy about it and made them figure out how to get it closed again. Personally, I sat on it in my hotel room to get it closed, but no way was I letting on my secret or offering to help. Grumpy? Yes. Normally? No...but they went to the extreme.

Ahhh....airline security. Most the time I support them, but these guys just went way freaking overboard. They didn't even ask how long I was traveling for, nor did they stop once they realized it was just a lot of dirty clothes and baby gifts. Nope....you just never know with these baby shoe/chinese baby flashcard carrying women, they just might be the ones to blow up the plane.

Did I mention I'm happy to be HOME? Now I need to figure out how to stay awake the rest of the day. it's 9:30 am and the only plans I have are dimsum with friends at 10:30. That leaves a lot of hours to force my eyes to stay open. wish me luck.
More Pics later today.

1 comment:

C's Mom said...

Welcome home! Get that schedule all turned around now ;0)

I wasn't even in China and I wish I could get mine turned around. Here it is after 230A and I'm blog surfing.