These were the best I could do for "spy pics"...although I did meet some really wonderful people today!
I had a great conversation with three different families. The first one, proud Mama & proud Auntie to Ceara (Cierra? I remember it was with a C)- such a cutie little girl, a little trauma around her trying on shoes because she didn't like her shoes off, but a total sweetie and so inquisitive!! She is turning 2 at the end of this month-a big girl!
The second family was the proud Mama & Papa of Cate- who I got to hold! That was very exciting!! She was only 8 months old, but very stout! She was quite the little pudge with an easy laugh! She would giggle at everything!! Very sweet!
The Third family I met was a Mom & her brother I think (her Husband had just gone home yesterday), and I don't know their son's name but he was 8! Their first child was adopted at 19 months, the 2nd child at 4 years old, and the third one at 8- funny thing is their first adopted child is still the youngest, and the little boy they are taking home next weekend will be the oldest! He was quite a little charmer- they said the night before he had ordered food for everyone at the table! I think he knows just how to work a crowd!!
Okay so none of these pics are of those families- these were just random families around Shamien island....but it's true...really really true...there ARE babies at the end of this long wait!

3 comments:
I am really enjoying your China blogging. The pictures and stories are both great, and make me wish that we were there right now seeing all these things with our little girl. Have fun on the rest of your trip and feel better!
The undercover family shots are cracking me up. Thanks for blogging while in China - we're loving it!!
and I can't wait... love all the pictures and China history.
Post a Comment