On the upside, Nurit & Pearl & I DID get on the 3:15 flight from the standby list, although the other family flying with us did not unfortunately. When they called my name for the standby list and said I had a ticket, I seriously started crying. It felt as though this entire 3 1/2 year journey was finally just coming to an end and it was just abruptly stopped by the lazy United woman who wouldn't give us a boarding pass. 3 1/2 years and it still wasn't over. So when they called my name, yeah, I cried. It was 3 1/2 years of stress and waiting all coming out. Finally, I was coming home with my daughter. REALLY coming home.
We had an amazing welcome home party at the airport! I need to get the photos from Chris, but suffice it to say it was amazing. Lots of friends and little girls, jumping up and down and signs and balloons. Lots of smiles, just what I was hoping for!
On Tuesday, Jeremy went home to do some work in the kitchen at his house and came back with a surprise visitor! My sister and neice flew in from Vermont!!! I was grumbling because they were not coming to visit, but she had been arranging it in secret all along!
They came for just a short stay, but it was just perfect. We had two full days of their being here- it was Molly's first airplane trip, so I was excited to have them here to meet Madeline and for Molly to see where her Aunt Kel lives!The first day we went to the Children's museum. I was blown away. I had never been there before, but after going, I will definitely be getting a membership for this year!
There was a babies room for children under 3, and Maddie had such fun playing in the stream!
There was also a huge aquarium she loved looking at, a mirror that went all the way to the floor, and a waterbed for the kids to play on.
After the Children's Museum we went to Jeremy's house so Heather and Molly could see his house. Molly got special permission to see the music room and play a little on the drums and keyboard!

Maddie and I opted to stay upstairs for the drumming...!
Molly is very fond of her new little cousin. Fortunately I didn't see this until I looked at the photos!
We went to the zoo on thursday, and Maddie had a great time in her BOB stroller.
My sister was calling me a "Bob Snob", because we kept passing all of these families with BOB's, so I kept saying, "Bob, Bob, bob, double bob, bob, not a bob, Bob, not a bob, double bob..." so she called me a "bob snob". But after pushing it I think she understands why! Molly had a great time at the zoo as well, unfortunately it was PACKED becuase it was spring break week and we didn't have a whole lot of time!
Molly got a cookie at the zoo, fortunately she is good at sharing her cookies! It was quite yummy!
One of Maddie's FAVORITE TOYS has become her stacking cups!
The one thing I thought of when my sister and niece came to surprise me is what a shame it was they were only here for a few days and wouldn't get to meet my friends and the Village! Well,
The first "Blue Couch" photo!


8 comments:
So happy for you!!!!
What a flight home nightmare! Yippee to such a fun welcome home and SUPRISES!!!
Sounds like a great surprise visit! Welcome home
Wow! You've had a very busy welcome home :0)
Glad to hear you are settling in well with BOB and all ;0)
United sucks. There are just not words to describe their customer service (or lack thereof). I, too, ended up in tears on the way home. It was a special kind of hell. (Whew, don't want to relive that - I'm better now ;0)
I'm so glad to hear that you are home safe and sound, despite the trauma of the airline.
A wonderful, festive homecoming, full of wonderful surprises and visitors is exactly what all new moms deserve and I'm glad you got to experience it.
I look forward to reading more...
P.S. A good stroller is definitely worth it's weight in gold! Bob-Snob-On, though I'm a European Pram and Stroller snob myself!
I'm glad to hear that things are going well nad you had such a wonderful homecoming. That little girl is going to steal everybody's heart. She is so adorable. I'm sure you are loving your new Mommy role. You can see it in your smile.
Welcome home, you two!
Good to hear that La Migra is as efficent in SF as they are in Portland. We, too, were originally told to wait in the non-resident line (because Maxine was travelling under her Chinese PP) and were rudely informed by the INS officer when we FINALLY got to the front that we should have been in the US-citizen line. Jackass.
That's one very adorable little girl, but you know that. Good luck and enjoy your leave-time.
Post a Comment