Circus Barelli apparently does not draw a huge crowd. I can't imagine why, considering even when I was leaving they gave me a big stack of discount and free tickets, so it's really a wonder the place is not packed. Free is a good price, but maybe this area of Germany is a little stodgy to enjoy a good circus?
Apparently this circus normally has a Hunde-Revue- but no Hundes appeared in the performance at all, maybe they were on required Werkscouncil holiday time... I did see the Hundes though- this was the little one:
I loved these little trailers, I though they looked like little cabooses!
The seats were these little slanted forward wooden seats. Not at all comfortable, but there was no way I was leaving. Free ticket, Circus, with a giraffe. No hard slanted seat is going to stay me from seeing a free circus with a giraffe!
This guy was a hard act to follow. He was one of the first, and he was beautiful, but this bowing thing was pretty cool. Now might be the time to admit also that my batteries in my extra flash were dead, and the lighting kept changing, and I don't have photoshop on this computer, so the pics are as is, good or bad...!
So then this sweet horse had to lay down while a little miniature horse ran around him and finally used him as a jump...oh mercy. Have pity on a poor circus horse! What indignity!
This is one of the two clowns. They were funny but I don't know how funny since they only spoke German. The advice I received tonight: Never trust German speaking clowns. Noted. thanks!
This woman was sure sparkly up hanging from the top of the tent. It was almost enough to make me want to get a diamond studded bra like hers. Then again, what would I ever wear it with? And so far, I've never ever accidentally found myself hanging upside down in front of a circus crowd, but you just never know. Sometimes these things just happen and you don't want to not have your diamond studded bra on hand if it does...
Tune in tomorrow...where I may interrupt the run of circus pics with Prague Pics...or then again, it might just be more circus pics. You still haven't seen Francois.

3 comments:
I don't know if you've ever read the Gary Jnnnings novel "Spangle" but your adventure at the Zirkus Barelli made me think of that story of the little circus travelling through pre-WW1 Mitteleuropa.
Pretty amazing to think that these little troupes are still hanging on (barely, if the crowd you saw was any indication...) into the 21st Century...
Gary Jennings, sorry...
And I loved your dancing horse, too. Lovely swirling action shot!
Kelli,How an attractive circus you catched by accidently ! I don't know it was staged in Herzo ,check and see if I can meet the next one
Mei
Post a Comment