Monday, September 01, 2008

Circus Barelli, Zwei

Back to the circus! I have no idea if I spelled "zwei" correct in German, I think it means "2". possibly.

This circus had more camels than horses. seriously, MORE camels. Camels with two humps, campels with one hump, brown camels and white camels...there were camels and more to go around...
And there was a German clown. Actually there were two, but this one was kind of a favorite. What's not to love about a clown in red plaid with a matching red nose? Except for the fact that I couldn't understand anything he said, he was rather amusing!
And yes, there were some horses along with the camels...
And the star of the show (or maybe that was just in my eyes)- the baby giraffe, Hans. (This is the name he has been given in the last couple days, to the best of my knowledge his name is not really actually Hans...)
And the pretty cute zebras, I know that the giraffe was quite young, and I think one of the zebras was as well...

The "trapeze" lady #2- she was pretty good, but I was more enthralled with the great shadows she was casting on the side of the tent. No, this one did not have a sparkly diamond studded bra...
And *this* is who you have all been waiting for! Francois! The Performing Hippopotomous!!!

Actually to be truthful, Francois didn't do much. But seriously, when you weigh as much as Francois and have as large teeth as Francois, you kind of get to run the show- your way. The fact that she wandered in, rounded the ring, stood on the round stand in the middle and tossed an apple back and forth (by letting it roll back out of her mouth) was impressive enough to me. Good job Francois...

These guys were one of those more kind of "sad" acts- you just got the idea that they had this romantic notion to run away to the cirucs and wonder why they ever did. Maybe not- but they had these totally plastered on fake smiles and I just kinda felt bad- like maybe they really wished they were performing about anywhere else besides this little one ring family circus in a half filled tent in a little back woods town in Bavaria.

I loved the paintings on the side of the truck. Very old school circus, with the exception of the tiger holding a coke and a sprite.

No comments: