Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Photos of the Wall

So this is when I realize I what I've forgotten to take photos of! I didn't get any photos when we were knee deep in pulling lathe & plaster off the wall, but you can see the remnants of the lathe
and plaster on the floor...

And I have not yet taken photos of the wall with drywall back up on it, but it is there, and so is one layer of mud. Maybe tomorrow night I'll have a free night to sand & do a second layer of mud!
When my kitchen guy comes, he will continue the wall across the side of the Microwave, so it will just go into a shelf, instead of a shelf open on two sides. In this way, my new cabinet can reach across the length of the whole wall, AND he'll be adding a shelf above the microwave for cookbooks!
Under the front of the microwave we built a box into the wall before drywalling over it, so later we'll cut the center hole out and push in a pre-built (as in, pre-built by us) built in bookshelf for more cookbooks! Nice! Finally more accessible!

3 comments:

Red Sand said...

Ah, you have walls like ours. Always fun to work with. Great work!

walternatives said...

Brava on the renovations!

FDChief said...

Nice work, you mad renovator Anyone willing to tackle lath-and-plaster is heroic in the ancient Grek sense, IMO...