While this is not THE picture everyone has been waiting for, it is A picture. It's been a little chaotic around here, and I just downloaded photos this afternoon, but I failed to take a photo of my left hand before doing so. Now my camera battery is dead and I just had to fish my recharger out of a moving box to recharge it, so who knows when I'll photograph THE RING.But Yes, there is big news. My Little Family of one became a family of two and now it is becoming a family of 3. Jeremy and I are getting Married in August. We've found a location and are starting to figure out the other logistics as well, but we are also selling both of our houses and looking for a new one together. So while some people find the spouse first, then get married, then buy a house, then have a baby... we've gone about this a little bit....or rather a big bit, backwards!
First the baby, Next the House, Next getting Married.....
I'm not going to go back and search for it now because my eyes are already droopy from a serious lack of sleep last night, but at some point in the last year I did post about "working with what you get, not what you expected you'd get." If there is one thing I've learned well in my life it's that sometimes you just don't get what you expect, and you can sit back and feel sorry for yourself about what you're missing (Oh trust me, I've done my share of that), or you can readjust your expectations and work with what you've got. The whole adoption path was a big part of that for me- I didn't have the husband and family and I wanted a family. I said "I hope the husband comes later..." but to be truthful I really did not know whether that would be the case for me. I thought it was very possible that it was just not in the cards for me, so I started down the path to Mamahood on my own. I realized, waiting around another few years to see "if" I met Mr Right may not get me anywhere but a few years older before I finally could become a Mama. And I knew that one of the most important things in my life was to become a Mama- it's something I've wanted for a very long time.
As I got closer to actually becoming a Mama, I thought, really and for true, I'll likely not get married and this will be my life and I can be okay with that. I have a full life and amazing friends. My daughter will be loved by Many, and our family will be our own special unique family: A Mama, a Maddie and a Kitty.
Then just when you think you have figured out what your path is going to be, the most amazing things seem to happen. If I had listed out everything I wanted in a life partner, I would not have come up with Jeremy, because not only does he have all of those things, but a whole lot more I never knew I was allowed to wish for. Intellegent, funny, someone to play games with, a great listener, knows how to make me laugh, make me feel loved and feel valued, loves to wash dishes, loves house projects and games, loves travel and camping, and is amazing with Maddie-a natural parent. If someone told me last year at this time that I would meet someone like him and I would be planning a wedding and selling my house at this time, now, I would have just laughed in their face. Now, just a year later, I have a daughter and we are planning a wedding.
Who knew life could be so amazing?
More photos of Maddie coming soon....She is a whirlwind of Joy and activity, and while it means there are lots of laughs and happiness in our home right now, it also means there is very little time to post to the blog!

25 comments:
Congratulations! I'm very happy for you all!
Congrats on your good news!
So happy for you! Can't wait to hear more details!!!
Congrats!!! What amazing news!
Congratulations, that is wonderful news!!! It's great that Jeremy has been with you and Maddie through this part of your adoption process.
Lori
www.meetingmayaa.blogspot.com
Congratulations, so happy for you!! (i feel like we are living mirror lives!! only i don't have my baby yet, but we're doing things in the same order!)
Congratulations! That's great news and I'm very happy for you. :)
Mazel tov.
Wow... could you possibly squeeze any more happiness into your life?! Thanks for sharing your wonderful news. Congrats to your beautiful little family. :)
Kelli and Jeremy -
We are so, so so happy for you both!
Congratulations and wishing all the best and a life time of happiness!!
All our best -
Cathy, Cecil and Camie
and soon to be Elijah
http://ourlittlemonkeymakes2.blogspot.com/
Oh, Kelli, that is fantastic news! Congratulations to all three of you! The universe cooks up some pretty good stuff sometimes!
Didn't we talk about this last summer - accepting what it is, what it isn't - the cards we are dealt? And honey, WHAT A WINNING HAND you've been dealt! To say that I'm happy for you is like saying there's a wee bit o' sand on the beach. I look forward to one day meeting Jeremy and congratulating him on his exquisite taste. Smart man, that one.
love love love to you all!
p.s. I completely understand about not having time to blog, and I'm not selling a house nor planning a wedding....
Kelli,
I am so happy for you and it is really great to know you have found a good guy to join you in life with your sweetie girl!
Congratulations to all three of you! You give me hope!!! I'd love to provide my little girl with everything she deserves, too, and that includes a daddy.
Congratulations!! What happy news no matter what order you do things in!
Congratulations, to all three of you. May your life together be all happiness...
What wonderful news. All the best
Oh, Kelly-so, so happy for you! It's true, I have been watching for this update. But you have expressed such comfort with where you are, that I wasn't certain.
Hard to believe it was just 4 years ago that we were racing to get our dossiers in for the singles cut off and talking about single parenting-and neither of us really ended up doing it on our own.
Hope we can see all 3 of you when we are in Portland next month-Sylvie would love to meet Maddie, and, it's possible that we will even have little Milo with us for this trip. ~lmc
Congratulations!
Congrats! Kelli, you DESERVE every moment of this happiness! Many lessings, my dear!
Congratulations!!! I'm so HAPPY for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was so hoping that this announcement would be forthcoming soon. Congratulations! Life is truly wonderful for you and I couldn't be happier for you.
Congrats you are a true Cinderella! I am so happy for you
Hey I was just catching up on your blog. Congratulations!! I am very happy for you and wish you the best.
Kelly O'Rourke
Awesome! Congratulations!!!!
Post a Comment