Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Our first Mother's Day

Mary put together a Mother's day picnic at the park across from her house- we had a nice small compact group, unfortunately missing Cindy & dumpling and Skype (I think Skype baby is having some of the same sleep issues that Maddie is...that is...not doing enough of it)- so Cindy was too tired to drive safely. We were sad not to have her with us, but glad she made the wise decision to not drive when she was so tired!
After eating, we had fun playing on the playground- the slide was probably the biggest hit for all the girls. Emme slid down first with her Portland Grandma!
Sadie and Phil...
Maddie and Jeremy went down a few times- she LOVED it!
Liana was a pro at the slide, and took a few rounds down the slide with pinecones sliding down beside her. (Clever 4 year old Slide Tricks...!)
And yes even I got a round or two on the slide!
It was a wonderful day and Jeremy did quite well in the pampering me department! I got to take an extra long shower, I don't think I really thought about dishes at all, and he took over feeding Maddie when we went out to breakfast- He didn't get to eat much but I think it's the first meal that I've eaten nearly straight through with almost no interruptions since March 9!
Father's day is coming up, I better get ready to reciprocate!

5 comments:

M said...

Uh oh! She's going to be one who's going to be really upset when she just misses the height requirement for the big rides! I can see it in her joyful face! ;) Happy first Mother's Day to a great mom!!!

frogglet said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day!
Happy First Mothers Day!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your first mother's day was a good one!

walternatives said...

Kudos, Jeremy. I love you already. Happy belated Mother's Day to you, girlfriend. xo

Kim said...

LOVE the photos..
Looks like a great day..
Happy 1st Mother's Day...