At last....I was notified last Monday that my TA arrived....by last Friday we had been informed what we have a Consulate Appointment on March 18.
As of now, we still do not know when we will leave, when we will meet our daughters, when, when, when. The only thing I know is the date we will be able to return home to start our life at home together.
But as for any more, I'm still waiting.
I've been quiet on the blog because, well, what's to be excited about? Other families get quick consulate appointments. Other agencies communicate well with their families. Other families have already met their children and are nearly home again. But not us. Still waiting. Still holding my breath, as I have been doing for the last 3 1/2 years.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Kelli -
I'm so sorry because I completely understand how painful this part of the wait is. My TA didn't come roaring in either but it DID come and, most importantly, my agency was good about communicating with me during the wait. It sounds like yours needs an honest rating when all is said and done.
It is absolutely killing me that families with January referrals already have TA when there are December people still waiting. Yes, I am happy for every child coming home but it doesn't take away the slapped feeling for those December referral families.
I hope you get more of your 'when' answered very soon. Won't it feel so wonderful when we finally get our girls home???
We hear you loud and clear.
It's hard to find the words that truly convey how it feels.
What the...?
I'm so sorry this is taking so long for you guys - we were held up too by our agency - it's really a slap after all waiting. Hope you get the travel info soon, soon, soon.
Hugs...
I totally get the lack of communication, it is so frustrating.
Hope the next couple of weeks fly by and you are in China before you know it, meeting your daughter.
i am so sad that your agency i lame.... but so very soon you will have maddie in your arms and it will all fade.
Look across the sea of red tape and see your little one smiling at you! Madeline doesn't have to wish or hope anymore, or dream of a better life or circumstance. It's already there for her. YOU are already there for her!
I am SO sorry for the lack of communication. After all this time, I bet it doesn't come as a surprise, but there's no excuse anyway. I'm sorry things haven't changed since Ryan's adoption. Just one of many reasons we went somewhere else the second time. :\
Congrats on your TA and travel dates! Have a WONDERFUL time. I can't wait to follow along. I want lots of updates--I'll be hanging out at a hotel between basketball games at the state tournament with my daughter. Entertain me please!!! :)
I think many of us have and are feeling the pains of having a non-communicative agency. I can only hope for your sake that the rest of this time will fly by and you'll soon have her in your arms. I'm thinking of you often and I can't wait to see that smile plastered all over your face when you finally meet her.
Post a Comment