Tuesday, December 30, 2008

In Less than 11 hours...

I will see My daughter's face for the first time.

Today has been a mix of emotions- trying not to focus, anxiety grabbing my heart, and excitement when I think about tomorrow and seeing that FedEx person with the magic referral packet for ME at long last.

I recieved a very scary phone call from my agency mid afternoon saying my FedEx account number was not working. We quickly determined that they had just added an extra digit, but it was temporarily heart stopping thinking I'd have to wait until Friday to receive my referral!

We have had frantic emails and calls between several people in our travel group today as we all anxiously await the big news tomorrow!
I have so many questions that will be answered tomorrow! How old will she be? Where will she be? Will she have hair? Will she be in an Orphanage or Foster care? Will she look happy or sad? Most of all, what does she look like?

What does this little girl that I have loved for more than 3 years look like and where is she? And how long has she been waiting for me?

I don't know how I will sleep tonight...

14 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

SOOOOO excited for you!!! When will tomorrow get here???.... HURRY!!!!

Lisa

Red Sand said...

I'm bouncing on my chair here, waiting for the news. How are you still sane?

chris said...

i will be hitting the refresh button between patients today... so excited for you. chris ru and haz

lisa said...

OMGosh-your agency is making ME crazy-I don't know how you can manage waiting right now! Sorry for the lack of comments, but I have been watching for your news. Hard to believe that we started around the same time on SAC, and my daughter has been home almost a year. I wish for you a first year as full of wonder and joy as mine has been! (which doesn't mean it was easy-I hate when I sound like I'm glossing over the hard parts, but the rest just diminishes the other).
So so happy for you!!!! ~lmc

Michele A. said...

Very exciting day for you today! Can't wait to see who your girl is. Finally.

C's Mom said...

You won't sleep...I'm still not.

But it could never be more okay than to miss that sleep. The moment of a lifetime is coming soon!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kelli! I've been following your progress through our mutual friend Renea. What a wonderful New Year's gift! I can't wait to see your daughter's picture! Funny thing, is I wonder if like you, she has been wondering what you look like!? Best of luck and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Kate Lakritz

Red Sand said...

I've become a blog stalker - bad sign...

frogglet said...

I hope you got a little sleep last night. I am hoping that by the time this message finds you the package has been delivered.

walternatives said...

Upon returning from the park, I'm making the boys wait for lunch because I HAD TO check here before anything else.

It's 11:30 CST 12/31 and I am wishing you perfect bliss right about now, Momma!

Michele said...

I was so hoping that you would have posted the great news by now but I'm sure you are in shock and awe at finally seeing her picture for the first time.

I am so happy for you and I can't wai to follow along on the most special trip of you entire life.

Julie and Steve said...

Just checking in for any new news...SO excited that your day is fnally here!

Rhonda said...

Refresh...refresh...refresh...

RamblingMother said...

she is beautiful, Congrats!