This is a truck that belonged to Stephen's grandparents (the Stephen of Softball in the eye-late Sunday night in the Emergency room fame from a few posts back), and it's a truck that had been in the family since the late 50's. It's a Ford F150, and it's in need of a lot of work...but 3 generations of this family have driven this truck, and it would appear that there will eventually be at least a 4th generation driving it. Here are a few highlight photos of the day, although these can't possibly begin to tell the story, at least you'll get to see this very cool big orange truck.
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Old Orange
Recently I had the opportunity to watch a legacy be handed down from one generation to another. I had no idea that I was going to observe this, but as the events of the afternoon unfolded, the significance of the handover became quite evident. Being the paparazzi girl that I am, I took advantage of having my camera with me and photodocumented the event.
This is a truck that belonged to Stephen's grandparents (the Stephen of Softball in the eye-late Sunday night in the Emergency room fame from a few posts back), and it's a truck that had been in the family since the late 50's. It's a Ford F150, and it's in need of a lot of work...but 3 generations of this family have driven this truck, and it would appear that there will eventually be at least a 4th generation driving it. Here are a few highlight photos of the day, although these can't possibly begin to tell the story, at least you'll get to see this very cool big orange truck.

Jim & Millie- the Truck came to Jim in the late 50's, I think as a trade when someone borrowed his truck & something happened, maybe the friend crashed it or something like that, I don't recall exactly, but the friend offered up this truck as an alternative, and Jim took it.
The "official" handover- Truck on flatbed (approximately 4 1/2 hrs after first starting to try to get it on the flatbed), on it's way to be fixed up and used by another few generations.
Old orange in 1986:
I'm off to the coast...which means, beach photos next week and more Dumpling Photos!
This is a truck that belonged to Stephen's grandparents (the Stephen of Softball in the eye-late Sunday night in the Emergency room fame from a few posts back), and it's a truck that had been in the family since the late 50's. It's a Ford F150, and it's in need of a lot of work...but 3 generations of this family have driven this truck, and it would appear that there will eventually be at least a 4th generation driving it. Here are a few highlight photos of the day, although these can't possibly begin to tell the story, at least you'll get to see this very cool big orange truck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a delightful post, in great part because of the photos. I especially like the one of Jim & Millie and the one of Steve in 1986. Thanks for sharing such a cool story - and best of luck, Steve, on Old Orange's restoration. She's a beaut.
Beautiful, simply beautiful!
Post a Comment