Thursday, August 16, 2007

Bunny Girl at the Beach

I'm not sure I've explained properly how Dumpling earned her nickname. The village was getting together the night that referrals were coming so many months back for a Dumpling making night. It turned out to be the day that Cindy was expecting to receive her referral, but the DHL truck actually BROKE DOWN. We had been referring to the day for a few weeks as "dumpling day", and since it coincided with the day Cindy's daughter's photos should have been in her hands, Dumpling day started to take on a new meaning. The Truck came the next day, so we fondly referred to the NEXT day (referral day) as Dumpling Day. Thus....the first little on of our village received her Nickname- Dumpling.

Dumpling was the first little one to come home (except for one) since I've been waiting, and as the group of us started calling ourselves the Village, we tend to think of her as the first of the village to come home- but our village extends far beyond just the 4 of us still waiting and one with Dumpling home- there are several other Mamas with their little ones home who are all an important and well loved part of the Village. Deb & her daughter are two of them, and they came along on this coast weekend as well.

Deb's daughter has earned the nickname "Bunny"- which is simply because this girl has a serious fondness for Auntie Anne's Bunny Pasta. Who wouldn't love Bunny pasta???
It also helps that she's got quite the little HOP in her!!!
More photos to come...

3 comments:

Mamacita said...

She is a cutie-pahtootie!

Anonymous said...

I think I see ears and a tail on that one!

walternatives said...

More photos pretty please. Oh, how I wish I was part of the Village. I am so looking forward to meeting the whole bunch - Bunny and Dumpling and all those great moms...