
Cindy and Dumpling on the first trip down to the Beach! Dumpling was NOT loving the fact that the water moved on it's own! Despite being a water girl (Both of her Chinese names had the water radical in them, the first of which WAS the radical for water! A True water girl!) she was not loving that the waves were coming to HER. She finally was brave enough to put her feet down on the wet sand, and had fun sticking her foot into a bucket of ocean water, but that was as close as she'd get to the moving water!

We took a picnic lunch & went out to Seal Rock to see if we could see any seals. No seals, but the girls did get to enjoy a cookie on the beach!

The fact that my camera is digital lets me get lots of shots I otherwise would not. I took a photography class this spring & my teacher explained the phenomenon of "chimping" as when you take a digital photo, then immediately look at the back and say "oh, ooh ooh! That's good!" Dumpling is the biggest chimper I've met- at 2 1/2 she has my camera figured out, she knows how to make the photo reappear once it's dissappeared, and how to flip through photos-which she just LOVES doing! She also knows how to take a photo with my camera, which she has done on several occasions already! One of the photos I took was Bunny's fistfull of sand:
Dumpling was so excited about Bunny's fisfull of sand photo, she wanted her own:
Auntie Mary really knows how to get the girls HYPED UP! She was getting Dumpling to run between the Aunties while I was taking photos- Amazingly she had stepped in beach sand for the first time just the day before, and was not at all keen on walking on that terribly unstable stuff! Fortunately, she got used to it pretty quickly!

7 comments:
ok, these are just great photos!!!! Just wonderful! THanks for sharing them. Glad everyone had a good time!
great photos - and it looks like you had a fabulous time.
I'm looking forward to seeing some of the pacific NW soon!
Kelli! Oh those pictures are awesome! I love the different kinds of shots (like the handfuls of sand), and I love the picture of Dumpling running on the sand!
There really is nothing more beautiful than the smiling face of a child.
These are beautiful photographs!!!Which beach are you at? lovely!
Lovely photos...the one of Dumpling running is fantastic. That face.
And the ones of the fistfuls of sand are just such metaphors for these kids...thanks for sharing!
Great photos! That last one, Bunny isn't even touching the ground! Clever girl!!!
I do like the fistful of sand, but I really like the kite photo!
Post a Comment