Saturday, February 24, 2007

12 Months-1 Full Year Since LID


It's official....1 Year today since I "officially" started waiting. I started this whole process in August of 2005, thinking by Christmas of 2006 my daughter would be home. I had no idea at the time that my life would change so much in just a year while I waited!
I have met some amazing friends, my house has been absolutely transformed, and I'm learning nearly daily about adoption, adopted children, and children in general as I read & prepare for the my daughter to come home. Now I realize that it was not Christmas of 2006, but Christmas of 2007 that is the likely "arrival time" for my daughter to come home.

To celebrate my LID-Versary today- I met up with the other single Mamas & had a great breakfast & morning of conversation, then Cindy, Heidi, Mary & I went to Seagals to register Cindy. Unfortunately we missed Sharon as she had another committment! :( We had a fun time registering, but one of my favorite finds was this book:
Now anyone who knows me knows that if it's about food, I'm all for it. I truly believe the GYM exists solely so that I can bake, enjoy what I've baked, then go get rid of it at the gym. No I'll never be svelte, but I figure as long as I break even, it keeps my heart healthy and my soul happy! (Heart: GYM. Soul:COOKIES!)

So the purpose of this book is to explain to kids what all of the different virtues mean- both the good and the bad. I loved the 2nd one:

PATIENT means waiting and waiting for the cookies to be done. A few more minutes. Aren't I waiting so nicely? Still waiting.

And another good one I liked:

OPEN-MINDED means, I've never seen cookies like that before, but, uh, sure, I'll try one.

Happy LID-Versary to a couple of my LID-sharing Blogger Pals- Holly & Connie! Here's hoping for Christmas in China!!!

17 comments:

Calico Sky said...

Kelli, Happy Happy 1 year LID! Wow, you are sooo much closer now, amazing.
I lost your email address, can you email me at
aspecialfamily AT yahoo dot com
thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelli,

Congratulations on this long awaited milestone! I remember that August summer when you sat us down with big news to share =o) I think there were Kobe burgers involved....yes. Like you, I can always associate heart and soul moments so much better when there's something good to eat!

Miss your big smile...and studying. But I can see you're doing both right now!

Hugs,
Paul

Anonymous said...

Happy One Year!!! I know what you mean about changing so much in the time during this wait.

I hope you won't have too many more LIDiversaries!

C's Mom said...

Wow...I think I just wrote the first part of that post!

Thank goodness to one year down for both of us. Can you believe it?

Here's to hoping we have to wear big, fluffy parkas to China!

PS - I have something to send you and I have been post office negligent. Hmmm...I may just change my mind about what it is anyhoo. Watch that mailbox.

"M2" said...

yes, here's hoping this is your last year LID-iversary.

wzgirl said...

This is a very beautiful book. So sweet - my mother bought it for my neice b/c she loved the part about promising to always share cookies with grandma.

Congrats on 12 months, girl, you deserve a huge party, cookies, hot fudge...and cheesecake. Keep up the great attitude - it is catchy! XO

Special K said...

Happy 12 Months!!

Can you believe it's been a year!? And what a great year... a new journey, new friends, new projects, new adventures. I think we all have the same story. :)

Jenni said...

Happy 1 year! I love the book, it's a snowy day here and we just baked chocolate chip cookies. I totally agree with your gym philosophy, that's how I live my life too.

Joelle and Chandler said...

Jump on your sled girl - you are on the downhill slide now!

Thanks for the book recommendation - I added it to my ever growing amazon wishlist.

ps. I haven't forgotten I owe you some research on the red egg and ginger party!

FDChief said...

Congrats - you've been patient, and this year you get the cookie...

Enjoyed meeting you at CNY (even if they DID run out of potstickers...) You ARE all that.

Anne Marie said...

Happy anniversary, Kelli!! The rest of the ride is downhill from here -- I'm sure of it!

That book sounds great -- I will check it out.

Lisa and Tate said...

Kelli-
ONE YEAR!!!! That is such a milestone!!! Soon you will be hug the little sprout.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kelli! It's amazing what can happen in a year. Hope the rest of your wait goes quickly.

Stephe said...

Yahoo!!! 1 year! We shouldn't have too much longer to wait!!! :) Congrats on your LID anniversary!

atomic mama said...

Happy belated 1 year LID!! That's a big milestone, for sure!

OziMum said...

12 months down! HOpefully not too many more to go!

Anonymous said...

When I hit a year, I think I will need to meet up with my tequila bottle and a cigar.