Thanks to Cindy and her timeshare at the coast, 3 of the 4 of us went to Newport for a fantastic Thanksgiving dinner! We were missing Heidi who flew home (With a walnut raisin pie on her lap!) to surprise her Mom, but most of our Village was there. Cindy, her friend Connie who will go with her to China, and Connie's Mom, Louise. Sharon and I both drove out on Wednesday to meet them, and we all left on Friday.
Cindy (being the wise woman that she is) bought a 24 lb turkey to ensure we would all have Leftovers.

This would be the Turkey Bra. No I have no idea what it's really called, we were calling it a Turkey bra. As I had to squeeze orange innards for the sweet potato recipe I had found, but had no juicer, the turkey bra first became a juicer before becoming turkey lingerie.
Connie and Louise were in charge of the stuffing: The noun and the adjective. It was made with homemade cornbread, and a bit of sausage...oh SO yummy. I love love love stuffing. It might well be my favorite part of Thanksgiving.

The sweet potatoes in process: Hollow out orange cups, then mix sweet potatoes, cinnamon, brown sugar, orange juice, pineapple...um...few other things....then bake, and top with pecans cooked in butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and bourbon. WOW. They were good. sweet, but good.
Checking on the Turkey. There was lots of good turkey discussion. 
Sorry for the Glare...I blame it on the set up of the condo. There was a lovely bar for propping the camera up on, but unfortunately it was directly facing a window. Connie tried to convince us it wasn't the window, but her natural halo.
Weather at the coast was cold and windy! It rained most of the time we were there, so the only time we went to the beach was the day we were leaving. Sharon & I took walk down, but the water was so high that there was no beach for a beach walk! We had a tough time getting a picture where you could actually *see* both of our faces from the wind blowing our hair...!
We all look forward to next Thanksgiving with 4 Mamas and 4 babies. We have already told Heidi her Mom can't have her next Thanksgiving, we are claiming her and the baby for our thanksgiving for 8! (or 10...) We did discuss the possible necessity of everyone registerring for portable highchairs...

5 comments:
What a great Turkey Day. You got some great pics and, someday, it will be highchair mania for you all...I have GOT to see a picture of that.
Now I'm hungry ;0) Must have been that stuffing and sweet potato talk!
"Most of our Village was there..." How wonderful to have a family of friends such as this. I can imagine the laughter at the Turkey Bra! Your daughters are going to fit right in, expanding the Love Circle.
Looks like you guys had a fantastic gathering!! Turkey bra?! Ha! You should sell that idea!!!
LOl! I was going to suggest the photo just showed Connie's angelice disposition?!!!
What a great day surrounded by such good friends. We discussed the same thing at my family Thanksgiving about portable high chairs since next year we will have 3 babies (hopefully if the CCAA cooperates).
"the turkey bra first became a juicer before becoming turkey lingerie" LOL!!! Oh, such fond memories! Same time, same place, next year, with the Village, my friend! All 8 (or 10) of us!
Post a Comment