Monday, December 04, 2006

Do & Yu

These are a couple of pics I just got from my friend Rita in Taiwan. Her two little girls are just adorable! The older one (Do) I met last April when I was in Taiwan & she brought her to dinner one night. Miss Shy girl would barely say a word to me all night but now Rita tells me everytime they go by the hotel I stayed at she says "Aunt Kelli is there?" Funny! We had dinner with a huge group, but then I went out to a tea house afterwards with Rita, Do, and Rita's husband Edward. I had no idea before, but Edwards KNOWS how to pour and serve Chinese tea. Like a pro! He was timing it, knew when to pour the hot water, how long to let it steep, how many times to pour water over it before you actually drink it, etc. It was quite impressive! They gave me the leftover tea at the end of the night to take home, which I have duly enjoyed, but it's not nearly as good as when properly made and served!
Anyway-onto the cutie kid pics!
Clearly the little one is the stylish one! Or maybe they both are!!! Look at those glasses!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute pics!!

C's Mom said...

And LOOK - they're wearing those ladybugs!

Cute kiddos.

Wow, I would look like some kind of fool if some wanted me to pour tea. The Chinese way is so much more gracious than just hitting a spigot into styrofoam ;0)

wzgirl said...

I can just imagine her saying "Word to your mutha"...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful little girls! You're a very lucky "Auntie"!