Friday, September 15, 2006

So THIS is the most exciting part of my electrical work at my house. You might notice the little type saying "the old switch" and the new location of the NEW switch...at the bottom of the stairs! It's a miracle. Yes...most people have 3 way switches in their house and think nothing of it... but I had a single light switch for my upstairs hallway lights. Now, finally, I have TWO. One at the bottom of the stairs, one at the top. amazing...but true. before I used to just pretend there was no 2nd floor hallway light, and I'd just stumble through the dark. Now...I can turn it on at the bottom of the stairs, and off again at the top of the stairs! Amazing!
Here is a bit of an update on the 2nd floor remodel. The shower is installed, the pipes are ready, and as of today, my permits are approved! Now is time for drywalling. Ugh...not my favorite part! Unfortunately, not my friend-who-helps-me-build's favorite part either. Think that means the meals that I trade for 2nd floor remodel help need to step up a notch & get much more interesting than burgers on the grill and mexican takeout. To the left of the stairs are going to be storage cabinets...This is the color I've picked for the hallway/open area- everything upstairs that is not my bedroom, Sprout's room, or the bathroom. I will be repainting the floor also, OR we may be stripping it and standing. I'm not sure yet.
And last but not least....Josie making a guest appearance. He's not loving the change in weather, since it means his window is closing. I opened it briefly for him tonight-I kept trying to get his attention but he was so focused on what was (or was not) going on outside. Then as you can see in the 2nd pic...I tried to close it (it was chilly!) but he refused to leave it. No matter how small I made it he somehow wedged himself into it. Quite a feat considering his volume...but he was SO not leaving that window!!!

2 comments:

C's Mom said...

When you say 'Home Improvement' you mean it! Wow, that a lot of work.

Love the paint color :0)

Glad you have light in your life now - literally! ;0)

Josie...who was grilling tuna nearby?

OziMum said...

Wow! It's really coming along! Love the colour you've chosen too!