Thursday, September 07, 2006

Remodel Update

Well this is not going to be the MOST exciting remodel update...but I can say I now have a functioning elctrical panel (one that is NOT likely to just "catch fire on a whim" as was proposed about my old electrical panel), TWO...yes count them TWO light switches that control my upstairs hallway lights! It used to be a single switch...located directly in the middle of my stairs. I never understood what purpose it served- you basically had to walk half way up the stairs in the dark, turn on the light, walk up three more stairs, reach behind you & turn off the light, to walk the rest of the stairs in the dark! Okay when you have the house memorized, but not ideal by any means! Okay and yes, I have tripped over things a few times...! So now the electrician has come, and among the many tasks, he installed 2 Three way switches. It is SO exciting! I also have 3 hard wired smoke detecters, which means if one on one floor goes off, all three will go off! Finally, I have electricity in my new bathroom! Another completely exciting event! Can't China see how nearly ready I am for a new baby? Can't they just speed right up & send out more referrals?? My house is safe, my bathroom is on it's way to being completed, all I am Missing is SPROUT!

I'll post more 2nd floor pics soon- probably this weekend!

3 comments:

C's Mom said...

Moving on! Sounds like things are really getting there and can't wait to see the pics. So happy you are 'seeing the light' quite literally!!

Anonymous said...

Howdy. I've been catching up on your blog since you introduced yourself via a comment on my blog. Will be following you along on your trip!

Special K said...

Awesome. I love home improvement projects. Well... not really. Not doing them, just when they're finished. :)