Somewhere around 2 years ago my beloved 1 1/2 year old PC died. It was a direct result of a glass of wine, a Kitty, and a bad habit that had not yet been cured. That is, wine, on table, Kitty jumped, knocked over wine, computer.....kaput. The kitty no longer gets on the table, but it was too late for my poor little red Dell. Nothing could be done. We have been a Mac family since then...that was what my husband had prior to us getting Married. We did just fine, except I am a PC girl through and through.... And I've learned that you are a PC person or a Mac person, and once you are "one" or "the other", it's hard to transition. I spend my days working on a PC so that is just what I'm familiar with and comfortable with.
I appreciate the photo program in Mac (it works well enough, although I did enjoy photoshop that I had for my PC before, the Mac program is also good), but I also have missed word, excel and WenLin (the chinese program I use that won't work on a Mac.) Moving photos in blogger once you've uploaded them is also for some reason almost impossible to do on a Mac, which means things get strangely out of order. So we decided it was finally time to buy another PC, so finally, we are now the owners of another PC!
I'm not saying I will now magically find time to post to my blog more regularly, but perhaps I will do it with a little less photo frustration when I do so!
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow. It's so liberating to hear someone proudly prefer a PC! So many Mac-users act like PC users just don't get it, and PC users have internalized the stigma.
I hope the trip to China is great, and I hope you get your referral SOON! Should I start stalking Rumor Queen yet?
I am also a PC person and my husband the Mac Geek thinks I am crazy! We have agreed to disagree on this one. :-)
I learned to use a computer with a black screen and blinking cursor that required typed commands in order to activate programs. That means I'm a PC person all the way!
Ruby
Post a Comment