Wednesday, April 13, 2011
catching up on photos
Yes I'm really this late in posting Chinese New Year Photos... Here is one of Maddie in her favorite Qi Pao. She has told me when I go to China again, she wants a Pink Qi Pao and a Purple Qi Pao. Or maybe it's a pink and purple Qi Pao...I'm not quite sure. Regardless, she has picked this out on a few occasions lately just to wear becuse she loves it. It is pretty adorable on her!
The reason she is crouching a little funny is because I asked her to stand on the hearth so I could take a photo in one of her (several) Chinese New Year outfits. She had wanted double braids that day so I thought we'd get a picture with the braids and her pink outfit. But as soon as she stood on the hearth she started pulling down her pants, then removed them completely and started running in circles around the house, giggling wildly, like this was the funniest thing ever. I have to admit, we were laughing pretty hard at the whole show, and gave up trying to get the perfect photo. Thus- this is the only one where she is actually wearing pants at all!
We had a small Chinese new year party at our house- maybe around 15-18 people. This is Pearl, who went with her Mom and I when I traveled to China to meet Madeline. She is turing 12 this year! It astounds me- I met her when she was around 3 years old!
And this is one of Maddie's best friends Emme! They were running around that night saying to everyone "We're two peas in a pod! Two peas in a pod!" It was adorable!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sweet. Nice to see you blogging again.
Cute, especially the peas in the pod!
Ruby
Post a Comment