came home from a week in Italy for work only to fall down on my behind with a nasty cold that had me laid out flat for a week solid and down for the count for a bit over 2 weeks! I'm happy to report that I am now feeling better, but unfortunately poor Jeremy now has it! :( I'm guessing I'm going to have to cancel the surprise babysitter I had lined up for our surprise date on Sunday.... he has a fever and is feeling rotten!
In other news, I spent an hour at our local copy center today photocopying and collating and organizing copies of dossier documents....followed by a quick trip to the post office for a couple of Money orders, then a trip later onto Fedex with a fat envelope of 10 (!) documents for the San Francisco Chinese consulate, and a thin envelope with 1 document for the New York Chinese consulate (via a courier service) for Consular athentication!!
I believe that means we only have 3 documents left to authenticate after this- our family application letter (which I actually can't remember if it needs to be authenticated, I need to check my last dossier!), our Marriage license (Apparently the city issued one is NOT the right one, it needs to be state issued but we found that out while in Salem, and the office is in Portland- go figure....), and finally, that long awaited I-800! But- the good news is, our fingerprint appointments were this week, so I'm hopeful we'll see our I-800 before Thanksgiving. It would be oh so sweet to just swing into the Secretary of State's office in Salem on the way down to California on the day before Thanksgiving! Fingers crossed- the timing is not too unreasonable...
IF that happens- we could possibly get our dossier to Madison by around Dec 15.... a few weeks ahead of plan- a Mid Jan LID would mean we could get matched as early as the February WC list release....
Friday, November 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sorry about your cold, that has hit us hard here too. How exciting about your dossier! I hope you get matched quickly.
Bummer that you were sick, but it sounds like you bounce back fast. I'm thinking that we could have a mid-January LID for a child that we already have identified through Madison from the shared list. We are awaiting the I-800 now.
I wish you speed with the paper-chasing and good news early in the new year.
Post a Comment