Flowers for all the windows in the church. As amazingly cold and windy as it was on Stronsay when we were there, there were beautiful daffodils everywhere! They were pretty weather beaten by a few days after the wedding, but they were just perfect in time for the wedding!
Inside the church
Maddie had a fun time dancing with Molly and Leah. They were trying to teach her some Scottish dancing, but she was trying to teach them some "Maddie Style dancing"! I think her style won out in the end!
These were the cheese & Chutney sandwiches. When we hiked down to the Vat of Kirbister Robin was talking about cheese and jam sandwiches which honestly sounded downright scary and not the most appealing...but after trying these cheese and chutney sandwiches that we made for the dance (and by "trying" I mean eating quite a few quarters...) I might be sold on the concept of cheese and Jam sandwiches! These were quite yummy! We also made some straight cheese sandwiches and some tunafish. One of the women who helped prepare the sandwiches insisted to put raw onion in some of the cheese sandwiches. It wasn't green onion or sweet onions or even red onions- it was raw yellow onions! I avoided those!
This was some vegetable and lentil soup that we made as a group- I did all the vegetable cutting up and Dana and Lorna stirred and cooked and mashed. It turned out quite good and Maddie liked it too.
These little round choclate covered cookies are Jaffa cookies...the infamous "giraffe" cookies of a post or two back. Maddie discovered the pink wafer cookies were strawberry and quite enjoyed that discovery!
Molly trying to teach Maddie one of the dances, but Maddie had a mind of her own!

No comments:
Post a Comment