Thursday, October 09, 2008

Los Angeles- Part 2

It was so so hot in LA this week compared with home- the sun was great but a little bit of a shocker on a few days! Little D spent some time running around in just his diaper to beat the heat, here we are goofing around with the camera:
Jeremy & I went to Huntington Gardens in Pasadena a few days ago. We were both a little surprised by the admission and didn't know what to expect, but understood the reason for the price after we saw it all! The garden was actually multiple gardens- a desert garden, lily ponds, a Japanese Garden, an Australian Garden, a Chinese Garden, and a couple of buildings with permanent and rotating art on display. It was really quite amazing!
I had to photograph the etched bamboo- I figured it would go with my Asia etched bamboo photograph collection!

There were a couple of trees we called the "Dr Seuss Trees"- this was my favorite:
And this was pretty Seuss-ish as well...
Some amazing and prickly looking cactus...
Again...as if I didn't have enough reason to be afraid of the ball, here is yet another reason...quite beautiful, but those balls are dangerous!
***
And what better to go with my etched bamboo photograph collection than a sign prohibiting such an act?
The bonsai were a favorite for both Jeremy & I.
This guy looked like he could have been in the garden at Versailles.
In fact, I better check my photos, because I might just have the same pick FROM Versailles...
What a cutie- Little D loved pushing the buttons on the computer...
I had such a warm welcome into the family from Jessica, I hope she'll forgive me for this pic and not send me packing- I just thought it was a cute pic of she & Little D!
Uncle Jeremy getting some sweet nephew time in...
Little D loved those big glasses, although it was probably mostly because we were drinking from them...
***
Jeremy & I went to Venice Beach for a little walk on Tuesday and had lunch along the boardwalk. We were serenaded by a Johnney Cash cover band while we were finishing up our lunch.
they were cute- it was an awfully hot day to be out there playing, but I guess the Californians are more accustomed to the heat...
The view down Venice beach...
After Venice Beach we went to NBC to meet some friends of Jeremy's and we had tickets to the Tonight show! The guests were Bill Mahr, Dan Norton & (so exciting!) James Taylor! It was really fun- I'd never been to a live taping before & Tim & Pea took us on a little tour to see some of the studios beforehand, including telemundo (the spanish station) and some of the control rooms. We said hello to the weather guy and some of the control room guys as well- everyone seemed so nice! The show was quite a lot of fun and we went for Japanese food with Tim & Pea afterwards.
On Wednesday I had to fly back to Portland as I'm out of town again this weekend to Asia. Getting a little last minute cuddles with Little D before heading out. Jeremy took me to the airport as he was staying a few days more then driving back up. This trip tomorrow is one trip that I can't wait to get home from! This asia trip is not such a long trip, but I will be happy to get home again because Jeremy will be home from LA.

Life is good.

3 comments:

FDChief said...

Wow, you've been all kinds of busy! And having fun, it looks like, and maybe...getting pretty close with (what seems like) a pretty good guy?

Outstanding!

And all of this with your LID getting closer and closer?

Sweet!

So good to see you having such a great time, and our hopes for more in the near future for you, too...

Anonymous said...

LA is so much fun! It's been a while since I've been there :(

Your guy is very handsome, and has a great looking family!!!
So glad your trip was a good one!
Very very happy for you :)

Lisa and Tate said...

Looks like fun times in LA!!! I am so jealous of you.... I LOVE ME SOME SWEET BABY JAMES!!!!

You do have some amazing stuff going on... Asia now and soon a referral!