I quickly found a market and, of course...started taking photos of food...
I have no idea what the red & yellow things were, these below appeared to be some form of a doughnut.
There was a market surprisingly close to the hotel. It was just a direction I hadn't yet walked, so it was a great surprise! The first thing I saw in the market was a line of tuktuks waiting for customers.
I was taking photos of food & this guy was hamming it up for the camera....never one to say no to a good people shot...I took advantage...
I have no idea what these were...the woman cooking them was laughing at my photographing them, but considering my Thai is nonexistent...I didn't bother to try and ask what they were. they look a little like fake eggs- but I wonder what they're made of?
This guy was using a mini machete to peel vegetables...
Also don't know what type of fruit these were, but they were really beautiful...
***
Getting ice cream after school...
I don't know who this statue was- but I refer to him as "Man with Two Chickens." I'm sure there has got to be a story about him & perhaps the heroics of his two chickens, but for the life of me I just can't conjure one up at this point...
Woman selling beans & corn on the street...
I saw this cat perched comfortably on some outdoor homemade gym equipment through some narrow slats in a fence. A little hard to get the photo because the slats were pretty narrow, but I actually really appreciate the effect...
I loved these little cups! I don't know what was in them, but I imagine it may be a coconut custard I've tried in Thailand before...so yummy!
This woman was also amused at my taking photos of her little cups- when I motioned to ask her if I could take her photo, she smiled- she doesn't really appear to be smiling below, but this was her smile. She seemed pleased that I was impressed with all of her little cups...
Still more photos from walking around....hope to post more in the next couple days.Oh, and small adoption update- yesterday was my 25 months since LID. I wonder if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I didn't realize that until today? I used to celebrate every month, now I just realize after the day has gone by that another month has passed...

5 comments:
You should work for national geographic or a travel mag, as you always take such great pictures during your travels and really capture things. Now I wish I could go eat some of those treats you show.
I was thinking the same thing as 'm'. Your eye for the shots is amazing. What kind of camera do you have?
Do you eat any of the things you photograph?
I can just picture you, sprinting out of the hotel, in your play clothes, with your camera...
I love all your photography - you know that, yes? But I am most smitten with the street scenes - little vignettes of everyday. Those little cups, the red fruit...
When are you going to Thailand again?
Congrats on 25 months down. Are we almost there??
Ooo! I've been off blog planet for about 2 weeks - and look what i've missed!
Great photos! I love how they think it's funny that we want to take photos of food etc! I guess its no different to visitors here! I often think, what are they taking a photo of?!!
Great photos!! I loved traveling with you!
Alyson LID 01/27/06
Post a Comment