Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Grand Palace- Bangkok

Last I left you we were just about to head into the Grand Palace after spending some time touring Wat Pho and all the amazing tiled Chedis and attempting to photograph the Reclining Buddha. I have a whole lot of photos and even some stories from the Grand Palace, but here is a sneak peak & I will try to get more photos up tomorrow.



I don't know who this guy is. I don't know if he's a Buddha or a wealthy landowner or a former government figure or a religious figure, but he is the first guy you see when you walk into the very fancy area of the Grand Palace. The thing I really love about this guy is, despite his pudgy tummy, despite his goofy "want to buy some cold medicine/cleaning products/vacuum cleaner bags/traveling salesman" kinda smile, and despite his ears that stick out a bit too much and his pretty short stature, he STILL managed to be the first guy you see when you walk into the main areas of the Grand Palace!


It just goes to show that, Yes, the little guy CAN come out ahead!

2 comments:

walternatives said...

He's lovely - the smirk, the body language... Can't wait to see more but wishing that I could see you - in person. I'm missing the Portland clan!

C said...

WOW...Kelli how blessed you are with all your travels. Boy do I envy your adventures! Have fun and keep taking pics.:)