Last Saturday was Nursery Painting & Decorating at Heidi's house. I don't have any good painting pics, but here are the end results!
Phil & his son Russel came over to put the crib together- here they are with the 'finished product' in the backyard. It must be noted that there were a few backpaddles before it was finished- a few leftover pieces the first time around....a few times screwing the same pieces in and out again...but the end result was perfect!

The only challenge was getting it in through the doors. The measurement was taken when the crib was put together the 'wrong' way, so we weren't sure it would go in- fortunately, it did!

Phil's daughter Olivia cannot wait to meet Heidi's daughter! As I told her that I would give Heidi these pictures for Sadie's Life Book, she kindly demonstrated how she was waiting.....
And Waiting......
Still Waiting!!!
We had a BBQ at Heidi's that night and all the kids had fun unpacking the bins of baby stuff- the stuffed animals & dolls were all neatly lined up in the crib to wait patiently for Sadie!

Heidi has this really wonderful wooden butterfly mobile which will hang over the reading chair- I was entranced!

And at last- the Village minus One! Unfortunately Cindy was just back to work last week & Dumpling was having a rough day on Saturday, so we were "the village minus one" showing off the new Nursery! L-R is Heidi, Mary, Sharon & I.
10 comments:
How lovely..Thats a beautiful crib and I loved the photos of everyone..What a great name!
Is Sadie coming home soon?
The nursery looks great and I love the color.
Sadie is next in line, but with an LID of 1-10-06, it could still be another 7-8 months to referral!
Gorgeous crib! Everything looks in order... just need the baby!
Oh, I love love love this - more pics of The Village (minus one). I'm a sucker for nursery pictures and that waiting crib shot - joyous. Can you please find out the name and brand of that paint color? It's perfect.
What a pretty crib. What a nice room. And, what a stellar community you have in your Village, Kelli! XO
Cribs! Egah - is it some sort of rule that you have to have a masters' in cribology to put the damn things together? What!?
That said, what a fun time...
Wierd concidence: our LID was 1/10/06. And yes, the wait still looks like 6-9 months. Why we jumped at the chance to adopt little Baoxin.
Loving the nursery! Now, bring on the babe :0)
Love the demo of the long wait!!! What a character! Cute crib.
Bring on Sadie!!
Lisa
Hey FD Cheif...it's not much of a coincidence...You Know Heidi, you're going to her house next week for a BBQ! You're in her travel group! (okay not any more!)
Post a Comment