Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Sprout's Molding

So last weekend was Molding weekend at my house. (I am beginning to thing every weekend is Molding weekend at my house!) Most especially it was molding for sprout's room!! That made it just a little more exciting! We did get most of the molding up in her room, there are only two pieces left to add, one of which needs to be painted & one we need to cut to the right size. (in two directions!)

Did I also mention last weekend was a hot weekend in Portland? yes well, it was. It was truly deserving of a beer while using big power equipment. Don't worry, I did keep at least one hand on the beer at all times, and one hand on the saw. both in very safe positions! ha ha!

The other GREAT thing that happened this weekend is my trip to my favorite Molding store. Okay normally I cry all the way home from the molding store because I've just spent so freaking much money...*grin*... This time was a different story! yes I still spent ridiculous amounts of money, but LESS than normal! One of the guys at the molding store recognized me, and we started talking. His wife & ADORABLE little 3 year old daughter had just left & said goodbye to him (how I knew it was his wife and daughter...)- so we were talking about his daughter who was just absolutely adorable...and he asked if I had kids. I told him about Sprout & explained this is for my upstairs, for Sprouts room, etc... so fastforward 20 minutes & my wood is ready & he calls me up to pay. he gives me the total and I try not to pass out in shock, but he instantly says 'wait, no, I'm going to give you a better deal. consider it a baby shower gift..." then he added something about "it's a big project..." etc, and he gave me contractor pricing! Which means...it saved me about $50 in molding! THEN, he grabbed a business card & wrote some notes on it and told me if I come in & he's not there, to show the card and I'll get the discount! Oooh! I LOVE my molding store! SO great! So hence, the coming home to cut wood/shelves/molding and have a beer in celebration.

3 comments:

C's Mom said...

Woman, I love the way you use power equipment! My kind of style. We don't see Bob Vila doing that ;0)

What a nice guy at your molding store. Now you have more to spend ;0)!

OziMum said...

Oooo it pays to be friendly to the man behind the counter!!!

Gotta love a chick that can use power tools - you go girl!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Best alarm for car with remote locking best+breast+enhancement+pill Facial manhattan plastic surgery Auto fi navigation auto fi raritaeten breast enlargement in paris overnight adipex tramadol on line Keno download online breast implants puffy nipples breast string implants Women fucking women with strap ons man leather hiking boot play station scrabble no money for breast implants blair cellulite