Remember this really ugly railing? The red one that's not terribly even and did I mention Ugly? I've been staring at it for 5 years and let me tell you HOW excited I have been at the prospect of taking it down!! So finally about a week ago we were working on the upstairs and *the* day came...the day of the railing removal!
It was quite momentuous in it's own right. The sheer joy in taking apart something that had been such an eyesore in my house for such a long time is indescribeable. Imagine the taste of the very best chocolate dessert you ever had...it's maybe a half notch down from that. SO exciting!
Unfortunately the railing decided it wasn't coming out that easy...the strange suppot bars across the top were tough to get out, and one of them kind of (sort of) went flying down the stairs. No, It's not intentional that my stairway appears to be red white and blue. I'm not that patriotic nor do I have such awful taste. In my defense, the railing was red when I moved in, and the walls were white. the floor was painted a horrid brown of the variety I'm sure could be described as "diaper brown" (eek, gross!) SO- in the attempt to make one of those things nice, the floor won out, and the rest has been "in line"- so now the red will be gone & replaced with WOOD color and white accents.
Did I mention how much I really (REALLY) wanted to get rid of this ugly railing?
Yay! One more side gone! 2 down, 1 to go!!! We will be building a storage space in this narrow area to replace the railing...pictures to follow...building to start tomorrow!
Thursday, August 17, 2006
2nd Floor update
Well, I'm late in updating this, so here is the quick update on the 2nd floor remodel progress!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You are really coming along! Of course you 'young-uns' can do that ;0)
I love watching this project progress.
Hey, I bet that railing would make a LOVELY campfire (if not for the possibly toxic red paint :0P)
Very nice site! » »
Post a Comment