So...with that rant, I guess everyone can guess what I did last weekend! Okay it was two weekends ago actually, but I went cherry picking with my classmate Jeff, his wife Junxi, and their little boy Dean. This is actually the first time I've ever been cherry picking, and it was quite an experience! One of Jeff's old colleagues owns a cherry orchard, and did U-pick this year by appointment only. This is the equivilent of going to a hot springs and fighting it out for the best spot, or going to a spa where they welcome you in with a bathrobe and your own private bath! Okay maybe not so lush as that, but there were SO many cherries, and *all* for us! I only wished I'd brought more containers! I picked about 16 lbs...and have been pitting them all this week & freezing them. This is all that is left:

Yes those are also Blueberries in the background...those are from this weekend's picking excursion. I have found a favorite berry/fruit farm on Sauvie Island called Sauvie Island Farms...they have raspberries, marionberries, blueberries, Peaches, and "pick your own flowers", although I rarely do the flower thing, it's fun once in a while! I've never seen "U-pick" flower farms anywhere except Oregon. They must exist other places, but I just had never seen them before moving to Oregon! SO- back to the blueberries...I picked 8 lbs of blueberries on Saturday morning, between a trip to the gym (7 am) and driving to Vancouver for Margie's baby Shower (11:30 am)...so it was a full morning! I felt like I accomplished SO much after a morning like that! I've frozen maybe 1/4 of the blueberries, eaten perhaps another 1/4, and still need to freeze the rest.
So I've seen some people put photos of their refrigerators on their blogs...I'm not sure why, except that I would be horribly embarassed to display my refrigerator (it's normally so crammed with stuff...), so I thought I'd show my auxiliary freezer that I have down in the basement. Life has changed since I bought this freezer- I buy meat in the big bulk packages & make smaller packs to freeze, I am never short of space for berries (a serious problem last summer!), and there is always space for that back up ice cream...*grin*
Hmm...I seem to be having difficulty with the pictures again...one posts, then the second won't. I'll post it in a new screen above.

4 comments:
Yum! Fresh berries are the greatest...not bad with ice cream either ;0)
As far as the stains, bad news if you've tried everything. It looks like you may have to wait for time to do its trick. But, I know 'Hot Shot' gets about anything out of carpet. Not so sure about squirting it on your hands but I know I'd try it :0) Hey, it doesn't eat your carpet so your fingers should make it.
Oh what I won't give to go pick your own berries!!! I also would go crazy doing the flowers!!! Great idea about the bulk meat... I have a freezer that I am collecting ICE ....
Lisa
I love picking my own berries, we have strawberries (which I let the rabbits eat this year) and blackberries (which I will fight the birds for). We have a lavendar picking farm nearby, its beautiful out there and a great place for a picnic lunch. Right now we are enjoying tomatoes
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Texas hold em atlanta viagra online Finding password my laptop Debt free help toledo Bmw 525 technical Tramadolbrand name tramadol lexus farmers insurance Winter backpacks Farm property insurance
Post a Comment