Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Ah! It worked again! Okay, blogger must have just been having a "moment" yesterday when I was trying to upload this pic...apparently the moment has passed and it's working fine now!!

so here is the aforementioned "Freezer shot." Note the star popsicles on the 3rd shelf down? Now whose ready to be a Mommy???! Frozen raspberries & blueberries in bags, 2 trays of cherries from last nights cherry pitting escapade after Chinese Class, frozen cabbage rolls, some soup (Turkish chicken & chickpea yogurt soup-YUM!), frozen sausage feta hand pies, a tray of potato cheese pies, and most important (yet strangely least visible as it's in the door), a half gallon of Tillamook chocolate peanut butter swirl ice cream...ohhh...YUM. Ah yes, and hopefully after this weekend, the freezer section of an ice cream maker...However after my most expensive weekend last weekend (purchasing all the new stuff for my new bathroom-toilet, sink, faucets, shower, etc...) we'll just see how anxious I am to spend more money on a little luxury like an ice cream maker!! I had my first electrical bid today for the bathroom- and the good news is I do NOT need to upgrade my box (right now)- they have room to add a circuit. Next bid is tomorrow, another on friday, and a 4th guy is supposed to be calling me back to set up a time to come out. Normally I'd only do 3, but I had already called 2 people when my plumber gave me a few reccomendations, so I just called his people as well. So....add up the Plumber, the toilet, the sink, shower, shower doors (not yet purchased), bathroom fan, sink faucet, shower fixtures, the electrician, 3 lights (1 in the bathroom, 2 in the hallway), and all of the lumber & drywall & other stuff for the actual building of the room, oh yes and the PERMIT...bathrooms are not cheap! Even when they are a "semi" do it yourself, and even when you are acting as your own general contractor! (which is a bit of a balancing act in and of itself....plumber first or electrician first???! I think electrician!) Oh yes, and I realized today I also need to figure out how & when to put a new floor in...my friend who helps me build & I had a conversation today that went a little something like this:
Me: Oh I realized I need to figure out when to get the new floor in- I want Marmoleum like in my downstairs bathroom
Him: Oh yeah, tile will look nice
Me: Yes I really like Marmoleum
Him: I hear you saying tile, but your mouth seems to be saying something else
Me: That's because I'm getting Marmoleum
Him: no really, it's like watching a movie dubbed in spanish, I hear tile, but your mouth keeps moving
Me: Yes Marmoleum will be very nice in my bathroom
Him: I'm glad to hear you want tile

We're in negotiations. Since it's my house & the tile offer came with a free installation offer but *not* a free weekly cleaning for the length of my stay in this house, I have a feeling I'll be the winner in the end. Wait, scratch that...You WILL be seeing photos in a few weeks (I hope) with Marmoleum!!! (and not tile!)

Hands still stained with Cherry Juice...tomorrow night: Cherry Slab pie for Majhong Night on Thursday...yum. the question is, will I really be able to bake it then leave it untouched for an entire day...?

No comments: